Lots of Traffic but No Sales, What am I doing wrong?

ChloeDarcy
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Everyone, 

I launched my site 2 weeks ago, since then I have got almost 1000 store visits but only 2 Abandoned Carts and No Sales! 

I've asked a few professionals what I'm doing wrong or something I could change but they haven't mentioned anything in particular or significant that could be the reason.

Here's the link to my store: https://zealthstore.com/

I'd really appreciate any tips or feedback. 

(Just to mention the demographic and audience I've been targetting is women 25+ in United States, UK, Ireland & Canada)

Thanks in advance!

etrendz
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi @ChloeDarcy

You mentioned that you had 1000 visitors but 2 ATC.

Did you double-check your campaign objective? Is it set to conversions or just purey traffic? 

Assuming it was on conversions, what I can tell is that you have the right audience and budget since you got almost 1k visitors within a week! 

Are you aware that you are charging $20 for shipping when your store says 'Free Tracked Shipping'? This could also be an issue since most customers go away after looking at that. 

etrendz_0-1601919392673.pngetrendz_1-1601919519122.png

Try charging more for the products and remove the shipping fee.

Also, make sure to add a Favicon to your website! 

0 Likes
ChloeDarcy
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @etrendz ,

Thanks a lot for having a look! You've given me some hope lol. That was my mistake I didn't set the standard shipping as free only my home country I changed it since and also added a favicon!

Hopefully this makes a difference, thanks again for your help  

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hello @ChloeDarcy,

We've read your post and are sorry to hear that you aren't getting sales with the amount of traffic you've been receiving, it has to be very frustrating and discouraging.

We've reviewed your store and have some feedback for you:

We hope our feedback was helpful and that you start seeing some sales. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us using the contact information in our signature. We wish you all the best!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 183

Hey there, @ChloeDarcy!  

There’s good news and bad news. The bad news is that your situation is one that a lot of merchants find themselves in, but there is good news! There are plenty of opportunities to find out what’s stopping more visitors from adding products to their carts and checking out.

A colleague of mine recently analyzed a website with this same issue. Here’s the video if you want to take a look at it: https://youtu.be/ssmhY8OlJfg

But back to your store.

Typically, when we see traffic but no sales, we look at two potential problem areas:

• Your target audience
  • Your website

For your target audience, you may need to do some more refining on your audience. Right now it’s a pretty broad audience set! While you’re driving people to your store (great!), the fact they aren’t converting shows that it’s not necessarily the right traffic to your store. 

Heatmaps, which show you where people click, can be filtered by campaign/source to help you identify specific products that may be appealing to your products. Heatmaps can also help you evaluate those campaigns against audience adjustments; you’ll be able to see how their engagement changes. 

Also, be very careful about how you’re creating your ads. Make sure they are linked to the correct page. For example, I see you’re promoting the Foreo Smart Facial Cleansing Brush but have it linked to the homepage. 

Now let’s move on to your website. First, a few each fixes:

• Add a favicon
  • Make sure your announcement bar stands out in a different color (your green, maybe?) and is linked to your product collection
  • Fix your social media icons; right now they open to Facebook.com and Instagram.com

Let’s start on the homepage

• Hero image: I like that you have focused on one hero image. I would test different image combinations to see which one has more engagement. Using click heatmaps, you’ll be able to see which ones have more clicks than others. 
  • Logo: Is there any reason why you aren’t using your logo? My guess is that you don’t have a white wordmark/logo on a transparent background, but now would be a great time to create one! It will make your website look more legit. 
  • Page layout: Looking at the rest of your page, I’m not a fan of diving right into the products. I’ve seen merchants in a similar industry have more luck with featuring collections under the hero image rather than jumping in. Use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking and session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website to capture each visit, to determine how people move around your store. 
  • Use a scroll heatmap to evaluate the length of your homepage as well. While it’s not the longest page I’ve seen, it’s very long. A scroll heatmap will show you how far visitors scroll and what information they are missing. 
  • Newsletter: This is the value that your footer newsletter subscription form needs, but you don’t need it in both places. That’s overkill. Pick one or the other. 
  • Value Icons: These are the icons just above your footer that add a soft value to your brand with things like a money-back guarantee. Link to pages that validate your claims like Award-Winning (from what?) and 99.5% positive feedback (from where?). Considering your audience, “free tracked shipping” may not be the benefit that you think it is since most shipping companies offer tracking these days. 

Looking at the footer

• There’s too much going on here. Five columns is too much for this space. I would remove your “about” information with the logo. It’s not adding to the purchase, and if you use a scroll heatmap, my assumption is that few people make it to the footer.
  • I would add a header to your Important Links section. Whatever you call it, give it a header. It’ll make it consistent with the rest of your columns.
  • Newsletter subscription: You’re in desperate need of value here. A visitor doesn’t know if she wants to buy from you, not to mention dedicate email space to your newsletter. You need to make it enticing - add in a discount and explain why someone would want to join.
  • Refunds & Returns: There are some formatting issues, such as an asterisk where (I believe) a bullet should be. Also, link to your Contact Us page. 
  • Shipping and Delivery: I’m going to be picky here. Keep the naming consistent. Either make it Refunds and Returns or Shipping & Delivery. Link to your contact page. 
  • Contact Us: Link your email address. Also, it looks like you’ve added your Privacy Policy to the Contact Us page. I would create a Privacy Page with this information instead of posting it on this page. For your contact form, remove the phone number field. It has a high abandonment rate. 
  • FAQ: There’s a lot of inconsistency here that may confuse and/or raise red flags for your visitors. (1) This page mentions shipping costs, but your Shipping and Delivery page mentions only free shipping. (2)  It then says, “For more details on how shipping costs are calculated, please contact us directly” Again, it’s a mixed message after there was a mention of free shipping. Also, link your to your contact page.

Main Navigation

• I like that you’ve kept the navigation simple, but it’s too simple. It actually becomes difficult for a visitor to find a desired product. Again, collections would really help you group the products together and help your visitors jump to that collection rather than sort through all of your products. Use session recordings to really understand how visitors navigate across your store. 
  • We have to talk about the beauty blog. On the surface, blogs are great. However, it may not need to be on your main navigation. Unless it’s getting attention in that main navigation, move it to the footer. 
  • If you’re getting a higher number of visitors on mobile, consider moving your Contact Us page up there (with the Privacy Policy removed). I’ve found that for most (but not all) merchants with a high volume of mobile traffic, the Contact Us page is clicked on from the main navigation rather than the footer.

Collection Page

• You are in desperate need of a filter! Make it easier for people to find a product. Even though you don’t have a large number of products, few people are going to sift through two pages of products.

Product Page

For reference, I’m on the Natural Jade Facial Massage Roller Tools. 

• Add in a link to your shipping information; considering you’ve mentioned Free Shipping, reiterate it here instead of at the bottom of the page. 
  • You have to change the way you list the type. Type D vs. Type E means nothing to a visitor. 
  • Don’t forget to use video! Showcasing how to use the products would be incredibly helpful to your visitors who may be on the fence. 
  • Remember that you are the expert here. While you’ve listed the benefits of the roller, you aren’t mentioning when to order one type over another. Does one help with puffy eyes or another with the neck? Be clear about which ones to order. 
  • Be mindful of the order of your colors/types. Looking at the Electric Facial Cleansing Brush, Pink and Rose Red should be switched. If not, they jump around when showcasing the color.

I would highly recommend reviewing both your audience and store through the eyes of your visitors to get a firm understanding of what they are experiencing and doing while on your site. Why are they leaving before converting? Visitor behavior should shed new light on it. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Growave
Shopify Partner
931 25 310

Hi @ChloeDarcy !

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
ChloeDarcy
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @EcomGeeks 

Thanks so much for the review, I really appreciate the time & effort you put into it! I took note of all your points & have been working on the changes  

Really great video too! I'm sure it will help me alot

Thanks Again, Chloe

0 Likes
ChloeDarcy
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks so much @LuckyDanny I really appreciate the comprehensive insight & review. You really gave some good points and tips that I'm currently inputting to my site! 

0 Likes