Lots of Traffic but Short Duration per visit, High Bounce Rate (90%) and only 2-4 add to cart daily

Panos7
1 0 0

Hi everyone! I launched a pet store 2 weeks ago. I worked hard to develop the website, added high-quality images, wrote and double-checked product descriptions, and most importantly chose my products one by one based on research. I also added some plugins (upsells, frequently bought together bundles, social proof etc.) and compared my prices with other pet stores, and found them ok. Although I get a decent amount of daily traffic (approximately 500 sessions per day with facebook ads), I have a high bounce rate 80-90%, short duration per session (0-10 seconds) and only a few "add to cart" daily (2-5). I have started advertising two weeks ago (traffic campaigns) and now I am about to change to conversions and catalog sales as well as remarketing. Do you think my numbers are normal and will increase gradually? Do you find any problem on my product pages / homepage or anything else? Keep in mind that I am advertising in the UK and Ireland. 

Store Link: https://lovetinypaws.com/

Thank you very much in advance.

Panos

0 Likes
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2087 48 269

Hello,

I just had look into your website, It's looking good. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> If you can increase your niche by This App.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Tuecus. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Dashboard
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes

Dear @Panos7 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Add blog section and update it in a regular basis. it helps you to reduce the bounce rate
  • Improve store speed for mobile

speed.png

• Improve ON PAGE SEO
  • Do Retargeting ads in FB for website traffic
  • Do e-mail marketing
  • Product page layout needs to improve

Example of cart page layout:

cartpageexample.png

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes

Hi @Panos7,

This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. In general, your store looks good, it might need some little changes to be optimized. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store. 

1. Homepage: 

1.1 Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

1.2 Improve the "Our Mission" part

PageFly_0-1619605302179.png

Vistors only scan through your site quickly so make sure you can give them good reasons for choosing your products at the early time when they first enter. This part is a good place for you to show that. You can consider making this standing out more with an image, putting the main points in the standing format, or adding some USP you have on this part as well. For example, like this Chloe template: 

PageFly_1-1619606232502.png

1.3 Add ATC button

PageFly_0-1619607057611.png

You can put an ATC or Shop Now button for the product so that it can be convenient for the visitors. Also, I recommend adjusting the size of every product to be aligned with each other. It will create a good design and show how professional you are. 

PageFly_1-1619607444069.png

It will be the same in the collection part, consider putting a CTA button for each collection that links directly to the collection page. Also, the collection title is hard to see. I recommend you to put the heading in other formats more standing out. 

1.4 Update the reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template. With the current testimonial right now, you can make it as auto slides and putting some images into that. 

PageFly_2-1619608292036.png

2. Collection and product page

In general, it is all good. However, consider putting the star review for the products so visitors can see it instead of scrolling until the end of the page. All the images are good and you can add more images about the real use cases. 

• Bonus

Checking the checking out process to make sure it is easy to do. 

Checking on the store speed on all devices. Sometimes not only the design but also the speed for different devices can be different and make customers exit the page. 

You can also think about email marketing, loyal reward, and so on but first is always about optimize your store UI and UX at its best. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
0 Likes

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked your store and I have some feedback on it, and I hope it helps.

RichardNguyen_0-1619608713985.png

Firstly, you would suggest you add animation/ effect on the CTA button on the first banner to create a more impressive look.

RichardNguyen_1-1619608812721.png

Next, you can add images of the founder in this section.

RichardNguyen_2-1619608885356.png

Anchor Text 

For this section, you should put an anchor text so that customers can click and sign up straight away. 

RichardNguyen_4-1619609039834.png

I'm not sure what is the purpose of this section. However, I would suggest you add a CTA button here to call for customers' action again.

RichardNguyen_5-1619609137859.png

To increase your store incredibility, you should have your customers' headshots like in my screenshot. 

To create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, you can take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
developer_2020
Shopify Partner
25 0 3

I think your store and products are great. I think your store would be a good fit for Upurr. Have you listed it on there yet? It will help drive traffic to your store and improve search rankings. You can list it for free at https://upurr.co.uk/store and then you can connect it to your store via the Upurr Store Shopify App.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2959 169 546

Hello @Panos7Sachin here, from the AiTrillion-an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some inputs from my side that you can work on:

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandon your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes