Lots of Traffic, but no sales?

ghostowner123
2 0 0

Hey all!

I created my Shopify store in October of last year. I immediately started running Instagram & Facebook ads. I saw 5-digit sales within a week.

I ran out of inventory, so I had to shut the store and all ads down. A few months later, i’ve relaunched the exact same store and the exact same ads - absolutely nothing has changed but I find I’m getting about 100-200 visitors per day and only 6-7 sales. A majority of people reach checkout and then abandon the cart. I’m not sure what changed, as this store has been tested and proven in the past. Nothing at all has changed but for some reason something in the checkout is forgoing people. 

Help?

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
762 95 247

Hey @ghostowner123,

What is your store link? I'd like to take a look and see if I can figure out what may be causing people to abandon cart.

0 Likes
ghostowner123
2 0 0

https://www.shophappyghost.com/

Like I said above, this same store with the same ads grossed 5-digits when it was first launched - just a heads up to you as every single forum i’ve seen about this same topic suggests changing products or website layout. Clearly the products and layout is a winner... just not sure what’s changed.Thanks!

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
762 95 247

Hey @ghostowner123,

Here is what I think has happened..

You had a video go viral and were super smart and made a product to match the viral video. The thing about trending/viral products though is that when the buzz ends, so do the sales. The key to trending products is knowing when to get out before the sales die down. This isn't to say that Happy Ghost can't make a comeback, maybe it's putting the same ghost on a cropped sweater instead or adding an additional ghost character into the mix but I think what you had was a viral hit. The great thing is though, you can do it again! You know what to expect this time and will be better prepared to fill all those orders instead of selling out and needing to shut down. One piece of advice I would give though is to take all of the comments you've received (especially the negative ones) and fix it before launching again. It seems like a common comment you get is about shipping times. Shipping time can be improved by choosing an alternative POD platform, we did a TikTok ourselves about different ones you can use.

As for shipping, I'm in Canada so here are my options:

happy-ghost-shipping.png

You may want to consider adding a less expensive shipping option that takes longer to arrive. I know shipping was one of the things your customers expressed concerns about but having the option there would be good since all of the current shipping methods (for Canada/Worldwide) exceed the price of the product itself. Another option would be to  increase price of your product so that it absorbs some of the shipping costs and then offer shipping at a lower rate.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
485 17 104

Hi @ghostowner123 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.

Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. 

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes