Lots of abandoned carts $$$

Tourist
5 0 1

Hi all,

I have my store running from last one month https://theemporiooriginals.com/ 

I have started generating traffic using Facebook ads (photos, videos, instant experience). To build the trust factor, I verified my page from Facebook and avoided any flashy trust badges or countdown timers on my website.

Figures so far (one month) are as per below;

• Online store sessions: 22,126
  • Added to cart: 265
  • Reached Checkout: 147
  • Sessions Converted: 16 (Conversion rate: 0.07%)

In addition, people even enter their address, payment information but they don't complete the purchase. Please advise ideas on how to enhance conversion rates. 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards

Rachit 

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Please advise ideas on how to enhance conversion rates. 

I have to keep that question up there so i don't get off topic. Sips coffee!

Okay lets stir the cup 0.07% isn't bad , let me explain 

Sales Sales,Sales everybody wants more sales ,or money i should say and lucky for us theirs more than one way to increase our money.  First is by getting (new) customers which is the hardest to do, lucky for you , you have 22,000 potential customers , they already know you exist  i would retarget those warm traffic then finding new cold potential customers,especially the add to cart, you probably have over $10,000 lost carts which makes me so sad. 

i wouldn't want to master cold converted marketing , until you capture half of your add to carts back.  Now people need to see your ads about the average 10 times before they buy ,think about you do you buy a product when you first see it, now theirs a mastery to retargeting, but to make it easier  by offering a discount to the customers that already know about you it's a start when your retargeting.

Now there's a second way to make more money with up sells. You can keep the same 16 but if you can manage to get them to buy 2 or more products from you , you double your sales or triple like that.. pouring more sugar.  This should be easy to figure out with little research now number three

Third, Now this is the most important way that will make the business mostly run itself and with little work, Now how should i say this  oh with an example 

imagine that next month the same 16 customers purchase something and they didn't see your ads or anything like that . now they keep buying from you forever, maybe sometimes you tell them its a sale though email and they come and buy. Now this is how amazon and google and how every other business must have , which is repeat customers it literally guarantees you will stay in business. Now find out how to get repeatable customers that's the secret

Last sip of coffee how to enhance conversion rates. 

now you wouldn't care that your conversion rate is that low if you had those same people coming back again, or if they bought more then one products from you this may not be the answer you wanted but this is the answer you need to hear. excuse me i need more coffee.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your store seems to sell everything under the sun. I would pull back and try to focus on what you sell and make it a few key products that go with the hydro flack. Once you start to focus on a few key product categories and SKUs. You will find it easier to market your store and bring in customers. Maybe your store needs to be about the outdoor and leading an active lifestyle.

Now about that low conversion rate, you'll need to increase that over time. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes