Lots of checkouts but no sales!

3 0 1

hi,

i am having alot of issues with my checkout. I recently downloaded an app (Cart Activity) that shows cart activities of customer and i discover that customers tend to add products to cart, checkout but never converts to sale. i was using Paypal and i dont know what else to do get more sale conversion.

My product price is quite competitive based on my research but i am not sure why i am not getting sales as anticipated.

my website is www.sooplestores.com

I appreciate all feedback 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
52 3 16

Hi @Sooplestores ,

There are 20 reasons why a store doesn't have enough number of conversions even though it has high traffic, check it below.

1. Your Site Makes a Bad First Impression
2. You Don’t Know Who You’re Selling To
3. Your Site Isn’t Optimized
4. You’re Ignoring Mobile Users
5. Nobody Loves (or Understands) Your Product
6. Product Images Are Poor
7. Your Copy Isn’t Persuasive
8. The Page Is Distracting
9. The Call to Action Is Unclear
10. Shoppers Don’t Trust You
11. People Have to Pay for Shipping
12. Checkout Is Difficult
13. You’re Not Using Exit Intent
14. There’s No Remarketing or Retargeting Strategy
15. No/Poor product recommendations
16. Your Pricing Strategy Is Wrong
17. You’re Not Sending Abandonment Emails
18. You’re Not Testing Enough
19. Your traffic is not your potential customers.
20. There’s No Live Chat or Support.

The type of products you are selling is highly visual in its characteristics, so the product recommendation plays a very crucial role in making conversions. Fashions customers always tend to buy things which are closer or exact to their matchings, so better to use "Similar Products" feature on your product page. The app called "Upsell with AI recommendations" would help you in this, I have a personal experience with this app, you can also try, Link: https://apps.shopify.com/recommend-similar-looking-products

You can post the points which you are considering that you are weak from the above-mentioned checklist here, I can try to help you more to make those areas even stronger.

Cheers,
Shyam Rashun

Technology Consultant, Turing Analytics
shyam@turingiq.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
525 32 125

Hi ,

Your store looks nice and the products are amazing.

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. As I can see ,the images size is way too bigger than expected especially on individual product's page
  2. Also you can remove the tab,just aboe the navigation menu as you have added those links to footer already.
  3. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  4. The default search landing page https://sooplestores.com/search is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  5. Lastly, You have over 500 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 61 131

Hey there, @Sooplestores 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for posting in the community.  The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs you have actually well-written descriptions which is great - a lot of dropshipping stores just copy and paste the text from AliExpress so very well done on that front! It is also fantastic to see that you have all your policies linked, a lot of stores miss out on that. 

Currently, the only way to check ou on your store is via PayPal. This can dissuade a lot of customers. As popular as PayPal is currently, a lot of people still do not use the service or would simply rather checkout using their credit card. You can check out what payment gateways are available to you by selecting your country from this list. 

Browsing through your page I noticed that most of your products are currently on sale. When a company offers a discount to their customers, they’re taking a big risk of devaluing their services. Customers can get the impression that the services being offered aren’t worth paying full price for. It also sets a precedent in the customer’s mind that your pricing isn’t firm. When promoting sales it is important to use scarcity and urgency to your advantage. If your store is constantly offering discounted prices it is not going to create any urgency, your customer won't see the need in buying right away as there is no end to the sale in sight. It is great to see that you are offering free shipping, but offering the free shipping for a limited time, as well as offering the discounts for a limited time would be much more effective in getting those first few sales. Take a look at our post on using urgency and scarcity to your advantage for more information on this.

It is good to hear that you are getting good traffic to your store, however, is this traffic "good traffic"? Your store is not very niche and so it must be very difficult to run targeted ads to attract customers to your site that will actually convert. The benefit of having a more niche store i.e. a store targeting one specific industry or type of product is that when customers come to your store they are genuinely interested in what you have to sell. I would recommend taking a look at our guide on targeted traffic here for some insights. Speaking from personal experience, if I were to buy a specific gadget I would go to a store that specializes in gadgets, similarily if I were to buy jeans I would go to a menswear store as I know these stores know their industries very well and will be great at what they do. 

The first thing your customer is met with when they visit your store is some bad grammar:

You have too many "ands", misplaced punctuation and random caps. This is a long, run-on sentence. I would really recommend revising this and rewriting it entirely. 

Great job on the work you have done so far, keep up the good work! 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1665 24 174

Hello,

Your website looking good. I observed few points on your website. I hope those are helpful for your website.
Check this image https://snag.gy/AH7fi0.jpg.
Avoid broken images in blog page.
You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding. Otherwise, great work you have done on your website.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes

Hello Sooplestores,
How are you marketing your business?

Digital Marketing Executive
0 Likes