Lots of sessions but hardly any sales

JoeBell
3 0 0

I just started my Shopify store and have around 600-700 sessions but only 1 sale from my personal friend, I’ve had the website launched for about 3 weeks and just curious as to why I’m not getting as many sales as I expected

please leave any constructive feedback

0 Likes
Kiddienation
Excursionist
27 1 3

Hi, 

Please share your store URL. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Dear @JoeBell 

Please share store url.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
168 11 60

Hello @JoeBell 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
JoeBell
3 0 0
jbice.ca
0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 53 79

Hi, @JoeBell!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome and thanks for posting! I took a look at your shop and would be happy to offer some feedback.

Brand

Upon initially arriving to your store, there were a few things I noticed. Firstly, I don't see your shop's name or logo anywhere, just the statement "variety of quality jewelry". In order to build trust in your brand, you need to develop your brand. This starts out with knowing and outlining your ideal target market. This should be included in your business plan (see step four of this guide). Once you have a clear vision of who specifically you're going to be selling to, you can start working on your branding. You can find some free online logo makers here!

About

One of the first places a visitor will often visit when checking out a new store is the About Us page, which I noticed your shop doesn't yet have. The About Us page is your opportunity to express to your target market why they should purchase from your store rather than a competitor. On this page, you'll want to include who you are, why you are (the problem your customers are facing), what you sell (the solution to their problem), and what your mission is. We have an awesome How to Write an About Us Page guide to help you get started with this. You'll probably want to add this in your menu navigation to make it accessible.

Contact

I noticed you already added your contact information on your Home Page. That's great! Also in terms of accessibility, I'd recommend is also including a separate contact form page linked to your header navigation. You can also add your contact details in the footer menu. This way, visitors can easily locate your contact information from any page on the store, saving them from having to remember to navigate themselves back to your Home Page to get in touch.

Descriptions

I'd also suggest adding a section to your Home Page elaborating a little more on what it is your selling, to captivate the attention of your target market. As a new visitor arriving to your shop, my initial presumption when reading "variety of quality jewelry" is that you sell real gold jewelry; however, after taking a closer look I realized that's not the case. Furthermore, there is room for more information in your product descriptions. If you're not sure how to start writing your own, you can read through our guide to begin writing descriptions that sell.

Images

Is it the Boundless Theme that you're currently using? I ask because I noticed on a few of your product pages that the product images were rather blurry. A couple of examples include your Gold Basic Ring and Gold Figaro Chain. To preserve as much quality as possible, we recommend our merchants upload a natively higher resolution image, taking advantage of the fact that you can upload a maximum image size of 4472px x 4472px. You can find more information on image best practices and compression rates here.

Acquisition

After having made the changes, you're going to want to focus on marketing. You mentioned you've already had around 600-700 online store sessions in the last 3 weeks - have you done any marketing to obtain these visitors? To get the most accurate understanding of your conversion rates, you'll want to drive a minimum of 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days. From there, you can start looking at your conversion rates. We generally like to see our merchants' conversion rates sit somewhere between 2-4%, depending on their type of business. If you don't reach that benchmark right away, there could be a number of reasons - from user experience to marketing.

Final thoughts

Hopefully, this feedback will help to improve the user experience side of things. If after developing a marketing plan and executing it you're still not seeing results, feel free to post back in our Feedback On My Store section and some members of our Community would be happy to take a look to see what further insights they can offer. Keep in mind, we're also happy to offer business coaching if you get in touch with our Support Team.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JoeBell
3 0 0
Thank you for your time!
I really appreciate the effort you took to critique my flaws and I will
continue to work on these errors hopefully making my business more
successful
Thanks again,
Joe
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
769 96 249

Hey @JoeBell,

First of all I want to commend you, you've done a great job on your store.

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to why this is happening.

screencapture-jbice-ca-2021-04-23-11_35_35.png

You are selling jewelry, The problem with this your offer is that jewely can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores (ie. Target, Walmart, People's Spence, etc.) as well as online through Amazon and thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a bracelet or a necklace in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys.

I'm not sure if you are dropshipping or you have gone ahead and purchased these products and have them in inventory, but if you have them in inventory, I would recommend advertising locally in community Facebook groups and pages, get into farmers markets and etc. Grow a local following first to gain trust and then expand.

If you are dropshipping these products, I'd recommend looking for winning jewelry products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend at least 3x what the product costs you.

We did a video on how to find winning products and we also regularly post a collection of winning products on our YouTube channel:

Once you have settled on your winning product/products, you can expand your sales channels and promote your dropshipping products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I'd like to help you with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We cover everything your store is struggling with: high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes