Lots of sessions but no sales

Kryptonite-love
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm getting lots of sessions but no sales, what am I doing wrong?

Jayvin
Shopify Partner
130 17 30

Hi,

Well, please do a test on your website and see if everything is working correctly.

Add to cart -> Checkout -> Order confirmation

0 Likes
Kryptonite-love
Tourist
4 0 2

Everything is working just no sales, kryptonitelove.shop if anyone could take a look and tell me what's wrong that would be great! Thanks in advance!

How are you attracting sessions to your website? In webmaster terms, it is called driving traffic to your website. Using social media ads is a good strategy for driving traffic to your website. When you run ads, create your ad campaigns make sure you are targeting people who might buy your products/services.

InventoryHero - Shopify App to Automatically Discount Inventory
https://apps.shopify.com/inventory-hero
https://inventoryhero.app
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @Kryptonite-love -  

When you have a lot of visitors but no sales, I’ve found it’s usually one of two things:

1. Your traffic
  2. Your website

Sometimes it can be your checkout, but since you didn't mention that you have a high cart abandonment, I'm assuming that's not your problem. 

A colleague of mine looked at this very issue and how to address it if you want to take a look: https://youtu.be/ssmhY8OlJfg.

Back to you though. Let’s talk about traffic first.

If you’re driving the wrong traffic, you’re going to see a higher bounce rate in general with relatively low engagement (if any). Do you use any visitor behavior like heatmaps (to see where people click/scroll) or session recordings (to watch what happened during a session)? I would highly suggest it. 

To analyze your traffic:

1. Segment your recordings or heatmap by source. If you used a UTM parameter for any ads, that’s even better. You’re watching to see what they did on your page. 
  2. Using this segment, look for pages with low or high engagement. Are there any consistent patterns, whether it’s about the visitors (i.e., device types, geographical locations) or their behavior (i.e., spending <30 seconds on your page). 

If you’re seeing a lot of traffic with low engagement, I would do a hard look at your ads, sources, and methods. Consider revising any audience metrics you use. Or, if there is a source that has overall low engagement, consider other sources instead as you look at paid ads. 

If you’re seeing a lot of traffic with low engagement from phones rather than desktop, this could be an indication that you need a way to retarget that audience. They weren’t ready to buy on their first visit, but they may be primed on a return.

Next, let’s talk about your store. You don’t include a link to it, so I can’t go into specifics. That being said:

1. Watch session recordings to see how people from your top sources are navigating around your store. If you have an ad that is for a specific product but directing to your homepage, they may be frustrated. Likewise, do you make it hard for them to find a specific product or filter your collection page? 
  2. Use heatmaps to really understand your traffic and website. It’s entirely possible that your ads are effective but your website isn’t. If there’s a gap of information or hard to use, you’re going to see visitors leave before they have a chance to find anything out. 
  3. Watch for pop-ups. Like I said, I don’t know what’s unique to your store but if you have any pop-ups like a newsletter form, watch recordings or heatmaps to see how people engage with them. In the era of GDPR, sometimes visitors get overwhelmed with pop-up notifications and forms only to leave. 
  4. Create an auto invite for chat to invite visitors when they meet certain triggers, such as spend 90 seconds on your shipping information or on a product page. Anticipate their frustration and make it easier for them. 
  5. When in doubt, ask. Run a poll that launches after a visitor engages with your product that asks them for their opinion on your website or what’s stopping them from checking out. Use that information as you make adjustments to your store. 

If you want us to take a look at your store for more feedback, just include the URL in a post. The Shopify community is really good at providing feedback! In the end, it really comes down to looking at that visitor experience to better understand what happened. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes

Hey @Kryptonite-love,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:

When I take a look at your products, you have them advertised as gifts for Valentine's Day:

kryptonite-home.png

When shopping online there is always that concern of whether or not it is going to arrive on time. When I go to your checkout, the least expensive shipping option is $18.28 but there is no guarantee it will arrive on time. Offering faster shipping time, especially when you are advertising something as seasonal, is absolutely crucial. I see you have the products also advertised as gifts for anniversaries, birthdays and etc. which is great! I would still say the same about shipping time because if a person wants this for an anniversary or a birthday, there is still that time constraint. Keep in mind last-minute gift buyers as well :).

kryptonite-checkout.png

However, before you invest any more money, I'd recommend you ensure you've got a winning product on your hands. We walk you through how to figure out if products are trending and which tools to use to find winning products:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey again! Just looking at your website, I had a few suggestions:

• Link your announcement bar and make it display on all pages. 
  • Move your main navigation from the side to the top of the page
  • Expand out your Shop Now. While there will be people who want to learn about you or contact you, they are mostly there to shop. Use a heatmap to see which one is getting the most clicks and keep those that aren’t in the footer.
  • For your hero image, brighten up the image a little. I know you wanted more contrast between it and the text, but it’s almost hard to see. 
  • Feature your collections on the homepage rather than jumping into the products.
  • Your social media links should open in a new tab rather than the same tab.
  • You’re missing some crucial pages, like Shipping policies and refund policies. 
  • On your Contact Us page, link your email address and include typical return time. Instead of adding your return information, create a refund policy page. Add in a simple form (name, email address, message). 
  • Watch session recordings to see how people are moving across your store. Where are they getting stopped? What’s happening during their visit?
  • For your product collections, is there any reason why you make them all separate products rather than one product with multiple options? For example, you have 12 rose teddy bears in different colors. It may be easier to have one rose teddy bear with different color options.
  • For your product pages, highlight the free shipping. Move the photos from the description (they’re already in the photos above) and condense your messaging a bit. A scroll heatmap will show you what visitors are reading or missing.
  • Do you have a live chat option? I would highly recommend it! 

In general, you’re almost there. Look at visitor behavior and see what your visitors are really doing while on your site. When you have this insight, you can see exactly what hurdles your visitors face. 

I hope this helps! If you want to give Lucky Orange a try, don’t hesitate to reach out for anything.

- Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Kryptonite-love
Tourist
4 0 2

www.kryptonitelove.shop I advertise by commenting on Instagram and facebook. Seems to get traffic. Wont people that are looking for a product like mine click on the link I leave in posts? I get about 50 sessions a day from just commenting. Most people stay on my homepage and dont go any further. 

0 Likes