I hope you're doing great!
I would be happy to solve your problems, Please give me a suitable time to discuss about your issues.
Also, add me over Skype id- live:jennifer.wcoast or Drop me an Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your response!
I have thoroughly assessed your store and I can see that your store is lacking sales funnel integration, social media page, even though there is live chat.
You need to create a strong social media presence for your brand/products.
The other thing is that are you able to target the right audience in your ads? You must be able to target and get your service / products to your right audience through audience insight.
Youbcam know better about solution here.
Hi @Lifeathome welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:
1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and the option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.
------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.
------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here
2. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
3. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We also do video replays, so you will be able to collect replay videos of your customers, journey through your website to know who, why, where your customers are dropping off. Time to stop doing guess work.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @Lifeathome !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Your half job is done that you are able to attract visitors. If you have visitors to your store but they are not converting then you would definitely need to see the visitors' analytics to check their behavior and then to interact with them through email marketing and Facebook live chat to understand their feedback and give them customized offers if needed. It's most important that you look into building customer relationships. I would recommend checking the abandoned cart recovery app by CareCart. It's simple and easy to use and will help you a lot in interacting with your visitors. I am not selling anything here, just giving you a tip to check out the cart abandonment thing I think that's where the problem lies.
Apart from that, I won't recommend spending too much on ads if they are not driving sales pause them for some time and try to build direct talk relationships with your audience. Good Luck
Just take a look at your store and have some comments below:
- I think those sliders are too big, I can see anything but those photos at the first sight of your home page.
- I guess you're building your Instagram, so try to do faster because it looks so alone at the end of your homepage.
- I don't see the unique parts at home on your homepage. Your story is the best part to add on.
Hope it helps!
Hey there @Lifeathome ! After going through your store, here's what I'd like to suggest -
1. You need to reduce the size of the images. They're too big in the homepage and eating a lot of space out there! Also, you can reduce the button size on product pages. Such big text fields are not required here.
2. If you're not welcoming customer reviews, you should! They add authenticity to the product and to your store!
If you're not getting sales by running ads, then you should stop running ads for the time being. I see that you don't have many products for now. Maybe you should go for social media marketing and try and grab the attention of online shoppers organically?! Also, what are you doing to entertain abandoned carts?
Another possibility might be is that you're not there on any of the marketplaces! This might be a hindrance to not grabbing sales! It's time to start drafting a nice sales strategy for your online store and side-by-side to do all the necessary corrections! Let me know if we can be of any help to you!
Let me know if we can be of any help to you!
I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations!
We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning our sales/marketing/social media strategy!
As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey ! It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce ecosystem!
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-.