Lots of traffic but no sales? Can I have some feedback please?

Solved
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey so I just launched the store recently, I'm working on a limited budget at the moment, hindsight I would've waited for more to invest before I started (i.e. better looking mockups, bought some samples ahead of time & made videos on products, a toll free customer service number, hire a designer etc.). I know with proper evaluation and strategy I can be successful. Maybe you can take a look and see if there's anything obvious that I can fix for now until I can invest a little more in the things mentioned above. Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

www.justdivinehomedesigns.com 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 13 15

Hi @Cprenzi617 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in! I totally understand wanting to wait until everything is perfect before launching, but honestly done is better than perfect! You're website is looking great, there will always be things to continuously improve on but that will come with time. Getting started and getting your store out there to make those initial sales is the most important thing. I noticed just a few things that I would work on improving to increase conversions from your traffic.

Customers have a lot of choice when it comes to who to purchase from, so building trust with your customers is super important. I'd recommend adding in customer reviews to your products. Many customers are skeptical of online shopping in general, so they need to see unbiased reviews to give them to confidence to purchase. You can use our free app Product Reviews to add this option for customers, or if you want to go one step further the Loox app allows you to automatically send email follow ups to request reviews and review photos. I actually use Loox on my own store and really enjoy it!

I love that you included an About Us page, but customers want to know more about you. They want to relate to you and feel good about purchasing from a person rather than a corporation. You can share your own personal experience and why you decided to open your store. You can even talk about what inspires you to create such beautiful designs! Take a look at this Shopify blog post to gain some tips on how to make the most of this page. I would also remove it from being under the Home tab in the header, and make it it's own menu item so it's easier for customers to navigate to it.

An FAQ page may be a great idea for your store as well. This way customers can go to one place to gather quick answers to their shipping, sizing, returns questions. It's also a great opportunity to showcase your brand's voice and speak directly to your customers! Do you have an ideal customer in mind when you write the copy for your website?

I noticed you have your free shipping announcement twice in your header. I would remove the smaller one on the left, as the second one makes more of an impact.

What marketing strategies are you currently using to promote your website? We'll want to take a look at your audience demographic to ensure you're correctly targeting your customers. I think our free Facebook Academy course would be a great tool to use to make sure you're using your ads optimally. It's a really interesting course, and now would be a good time to nail down your audience before the busiest shopping season of the year - Black Friday/Cyber Monday! Are you planning to offer any discounts or sales for that weekend?

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Dear Cprenzi617,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your store loading speed for mobile and desktop

2. Design can be more better and organized

3. Optimize your each product landing page

4. Optimize your store for SEO

5. Use Facebook and Instagram Shop for sale
6. Add blog section

7. Need to work on cart page and more.

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
0 Likes

Success.

Trailblazer
496 30 119

Hey,

If you are getting views this surely means visitors are interested to buy from your store, however they might not have found your store appealing, though it's a gem of a store but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Add some more  social links to the footer for better connectivity.
  2. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a separate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add a few more images for your products, as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  4. Also, You have around 35 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://justdivinehomedesigns.com/search?q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you so much! This was extremely helpful input and I will get started on some of those changes you've recommended. I will be adding the loox app you referred me to. Yes I am going to do sales for black Friday & cyber Monday not sure exactly what yet. But again thank you so very much, this really helped me & I look forward to checking out some of the resources you've provided. 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Thank you for taking time to look and giving feedback! What ways would you recommend optimizing the product landing pages? What parts of the design seem disorganized? Also what are some tips you may have to better improve SEO. Thank you again for your time! 

0 Likes
Explorer
64 2 20

Hi @Cprenzi617,

I think the other users did a great job giving you some tactical feedback on how to improve you store.  From a more strategic perspective, i'd say that you may want to focus your product selection a bit more.  It seems like you have some faith-based designs and then some other generic seasonal designs.  Why not just go all faith-based?  It'll give you store a unique identity and people will immediately understand the types of products they can buy.

Best,

Entaice

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 0

That's funny you mentioned that, I was talking to my husband about that the other night! I think you're right I may focus more on the faith based pieces, thank you for your input, and taking the time to check out the store! Honestly I'm glad you posted, feels like confirmation for me because I was just having those thoughts the other night, so thanks again! 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
496 30 119

Thank you  so much for your kind words.Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes