Lots of traffic but no sales! Feedback on what can be improved?

sunshineyellow
Tourist
6 1 0

Hi everyone! I've been putting a lot of work and effort into making my site more easy to navigate both on desktop and on mobile. I've spent a decent amount of money on facebook ads and gotten lots of clicks and traffic but no conversions to sales. I run a small business making handmade jewelry and have recently moved from Etsy to my own site. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I'm always open to new ideas or suggestions.

www.sunshineyellowco.com

Thanks!

Sierra

0 Likes
michael_fenix
Tourist
7 1 1

Hey Sierra,

• I absolutely loved the last part of your shop where you tell more about your story. Your store doesn't have a header and subheader right now, so I'd put the logo on the top left corner, add a header&subheader to the left, and your story (a little bit shorter) and your photo to the right side. When I enter the shop, I don't know what is it all about. So adding those would be a great start. 
  • There are also a lot of options to choose from. Most high performing shops don't allow the visitors to get confused or trapped in the paradox of choice. I'd choose 3 large categories to feature on the landing page.
  • You can check out this really high performing store to understand what I meant in the first and second bullet point.

These are the things that I can see by only looking at your store- without analytics. I am the co-founder of HockeyStack Analytics that is used by many Shopify&Etsy stores and agencies. As a previous Shopify store owner, I had a hard time understanding the Shopify analytics, so built HockeyStack. We also provide free 1-1 Shopify growth consultancy to make the best out of analytics. 1 last thing: It's totally automatic and no-code.

Let me know if you have any questions.  

0 Likes
sunshineyellow
Tourist
6 1 0

Thank you for your reply! I'll definitely look into adding a header and subheader and changing the options of what people can click on right away.

That's a great looking site you recommended looking at! I'll see about taking some points from there to update my site.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 214 662

Hello @sunshineyellow, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Add policies in the footer.

- Add a favicon.

- Improve the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

- Add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

- Give product recommendations by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. Add a section of trending, new products on the home page.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes