Lots of traffic but no sales

Solved
Skhullar
3 0 2

Hello, 

I launched my shopify store over a week ago and have had a lot of traffic but no sales. I have had over 1500 Visitors but no sales. This is the first time I have done anything like this and was wondering if anyone had any insight that could help me out. Smkhomeessentials.com

Thank you!!

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
232 21 111

Hello @Skhullar 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few Suggestions.

Add a Favicon.

Make sticky header for easy navigation.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons to the Products, on Homepage.

Organize footer section and make sure to minimize empty space on it.

Mention more contact details of your store which makes easy for the customers to approach and it also looks trustworthy.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
997 134 323

Hey @Skhullar,

Sorry to hear. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

smk-01.png

PRODUCTS
You are offering a wide range of products in your store. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. It also makes advertising an absolute nightmare. Definitely don't want that for you so give our video a watch, we explain this exact issue and tell you how to fix it:

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. Your currently logo looks okay but I would recommend having the colors tweaked. 

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed the social media links that you have listed aren't working. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SALES CHANNELS
Once you have your social pages set up, I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram

PRODUCT VARIANTS
Your product variants need some work. In their current state they look untrustworthy, I would go through and re-title all of these. You should also give many of these their own listing, you have an overwhelming amount of variants listed. 

smk-02.png

smk-03.png

SHIPPING
At checkout it allows you to enter any address (worldwide) however, when you go to the payment screen, you get this error. (I put in a Canadian address)

shipping-error.png

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 75 35

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Skhullar,

June here from Shopify.

Congratulations on launching your store! Taking a look at it now, it's obvious that you've put a lot of care into building it out and I can see you've already received some awesome feedback today to level it up. 

What you're describing is definitely not a totally uncommon experience when you're first getting started. I'm glad to hear you're generating some traffic and I'm especially glad to hear you're taking a proactive approach to boost your store's conversion.

Since we're wanting to better understand why your customers are not placing orders, I'd love for you to first take a look at a couple of things in your admin:

(1) Visit Orders > Abandoned checkouts:

• On average, how many abandoned checkouts are you receiving per day?
  • When you click on any of those individual checkouts, are there any trends in the notes listed under Additional details?
  • One reason that your abandoned checkouts are significant is that it lets us know if customers are reaching your checkout or not. If they are, and then choosing not to complete their payment, this typically tells us that either your shipping rates are higher than expected or in some cases entirely unavailable.
  • If you haven't yet, make sure you're sending cart recovery emails - we recommend reminding your customers about their abandoned carts 10 hours after they've left your store.

(2) Visit Analytics > Dashboards > Online store sessions by location:

• Where are the majority of your visitors located?
  • Do you offer shipping to their location? If, for example, a lot of traffic is coming from Canada and you don't currently offer shipping there, then those Canadian customers will have no choice but to abandon their checkouts.

Let me know what you find! In the meantime, some resources I would recommend exploring are:

A couple of last things I did want to draw your attention to: First, I encourage you to complete your "About Us" page since this is a great opportunity to personalize your brand. As well, your social media links are currently not connecting. You can fix this by visiting your theme editor (Online store > Themes > Customize) and selecting Theme settings > Social media to ensure those links are entered correctly. Keep in mind that an Instagram link, for example, will look something like this: www.instagram/yourbrandhere).

I hope this gives you plenty to think about! Happy to continue chatting once you've had the chance to review what has been shared above. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 662

Hello @SkhullarSachin here, from the AiTrillion-an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Your store's overall appearance is visually appealing and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are some suggestions that you can implement in your store to drive conversions:

- Testimonials- Add a review carousel or testimonials on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Screenshot - 2021-05-19T150633.540.png

You should use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement, to implement this you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

AiTrillion_0-1621417081021.png

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Skhullar
3 0 2

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I will work on those tips!

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 662

@Skhullar, you're welcome. If you need any help with implementing any suggestion and the AiTrillion setup, I will be happy to help. 

Have a great day!

Thanks

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 662

@Skhullar,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

0 Likes