Lots of traffic but no sales

onefitted
1 0 0

Hi! I’m fairly new to Shopify and drop shipping store has been up for a little less than a month. I have had 6.4K visitors this month but no sales. Visitors just get on my website, browse, and then leave. I have tried everything and I’m really not sure what to do next. Currently I am running ads on Facebook and I have been posting my products on Instagram. 
Any Suggestions?

my website is www.onefitted.com

Thanks!

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
558 43 93

Hey, @onefitted!

Great job on the site so far. To start, I'd suggest adding a few more sections to your homepage. This is your customer's first experience of your store and your brand, so adding some dynamic sections can really improve their experience and drive them to stay on the store and shop. I'd recommend checking out some of the example stores that we have here, which will give you a better idea of how you can use sections to showcase your products, improve your homepage aesthetic, and build your brand's image and voice. 

I'd also highly recommend adding some creative product descriptions. Right now most of your products just list their details such as their materials, and these details are definitely useful. However, to increase conversions and build a good customer experience, each product needs it's own unique product description. This helps build customer trust in the product, and it also builds your brand's voice, in addition to hopefully inspiring the customer to buy the product. Check out this blog post about writing high quality product descriptions.

Those will be a good place to start. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hey @onefitted,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:

Moving onto your website, I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

First, I'd have a logo done up. You can create one for free using Hatchful or if it's in the budget, you can have one made fairly inexpensively from Fiverr.com

Next, on your homepage. The banner image seems disconnected from the products that you sell. You have this very real looking photo of people of different sizes wearing workout gear so the impression is that this is a size inclusive brand but as you scroll down, you see stock photos featuring only one size. I'd recommend working on establishing who your target audience is and then choose photos, colors, fonts and etc. based on what would appeal to your intended audience.

screencapture-onefitted-2021-01-27-10_27_06 (1).png

On your product pages, I'd recommend organizing them into categories such as tops, bottoms and etc. When you click filter, it lists lots of auto populated choices but none that are really helping the customer find what they are looking for quickly.

one-fitted-organize.png

As for your products, as you likely know, you've chosen a very saturated niche. There are already large, well-known companies (both online and offline) offering workout clothing and accessories. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. What I'd recommend doing is adding some "winning" products to your store to draw in customers. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes
Johnny_pro
Trailblazer
143 9 35

Hello @onefitted How are you doing?

I am Johnny, a professional shopify developer, manager and ecommerce marketer.

I have reviewd your store but I can see that you haven't been practising sales funnmel which helps to convert more traffic to sales. Learn sales funnel.

Are you running targeted ads? There are more to running Facebook ads because it should be done properly and you must have a well defined audience. If you are not sure of your ads, Learn it

As for your store design, I recommend tat you update the following to make it more stunning and attractive to potential buyers/traffic.
* Favicon
* Banners and activate slider.
* Reviews.
* Sales funnel (as recommended earlier)

If ypu need ideas and tips to run successful dropshipping store, Feel free

0 Likes

Hi @onefitted,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. 

RichardNguyen_0-1611818967448.png

You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it on the left side. 

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1611818967493.gif2. Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. 

RichardNguyen_2-1611818967478.png

What should you do? Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers. Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling.

Actually, your current images are pretty but I think we can improve it more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

3. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page

One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate. 

I found that you have a few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in the collection list, product list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).

RichardNguyen_3-1611818967320.png

RichardNguyen_4-1611818967308.png

RichardNguyen_5-1611818967118.png

Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.

4. Add more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is displayed on our page templates, you can refer to more.

RichardNguyen_6-1611818966442.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage (link )

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2455 142 444

Hello @onefitted, I hope you are doing well! I reviewed your store and here is the feedback and few tips that you can into consideration:

- Having a good brand logo will help you with branding.

Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

- Add testimonials on the home page.

Make your store engaging and interactive which will help you to engage visitors coming to your store and converting them into paying customers.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
483 17 101

Hi @onefitted welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.

------> Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.

------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here

2. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

3. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store.

Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)

image_png1074839562.png
I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!