Lots of traffic but very few if any sales

3 0 0

Hello shopify community,

I recently started my very first store www.envymyktichen.com

I'm still working on making it look nice and adding products that I think will sell well.  Even with the 100+ people that visit everyday I get no sales. I run advertisements on Facebook and google but most people wont proceed to checkout. On average 3 people add to cart and 1 proceeds to checkout a day.  What am I doing wrong and how can I improve my store so that people will make purchases?  Am I just offering the wrong products or are my prices too high? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

-Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Hey, it shouldn’t be a problem with your prices/products, although it could, most likely the problem is with the traffic you’re having... 100+ is not like a lot of traffic... I.e. some stores will have 1% conversion rate, which mean you would expect to have 1 sale, but if not so much people proceed to checkout is most likely a problem with the quality of your traffic... you will need to investigate and find the right target/audience for your store and have more traffic to start making some conclusions. Also depending on the product/price, the moment from the first view of your store till they actually buy something might be longer than a day...
We help eCommerce people achieve their Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for the fast response! I will look into my traffic carefully and see what I can do.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
816 28 226

For some reason I couldn't open your link [could be my wifi though], but I thought I'll just post regarding the Facebook ads. As you already have the traffic coming from Facebook, you can now focus on retargeting ads to promote to people who are already familiar with your website [they have visited you before] and therefore they are 'warm' audience more likely to buy. Make sure to add as many specifics when setting up your audience on Facebook as you can to narrow it down and opt for a very defined target/event. For example, if you would like to target only people who added something to the cart but haven't checked out, you can run retargeting ad with event setup, that will track only people who abandoned their cart and prompt them on Facebook to complete their purchase.

That will be much better and more cost-effective approach, that can generate immediate conversion [sale] than targeting cold audience [new visitors] to your site with new set of ads.

Hope it helps!

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for the feedback. I am running much more targeted Facebook ads at the moment and I hope to see an increase in sales. I will be switching to video ads as well as running retargeting ads.

p.s The link I provided earlier is no good.  The link that actually works is https://envymykitchen.com

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

i LOVE YOUR PAGE. VERY NICE. HARD MARKET TO CRACK. MOST PEOPLE HAVE THESE LITTLE GADGETS AND IF THEY DONT YOU WOULD HAVE TO MARKET TO THE RIGHT NETWORK OF PEOPLE. I WOULD CREATE BACKLINKS TO FOODIES ON YOUTUBE. ASK TO ADD YOUR LINK ESP TO THOSE WHO HAVE A GOOD FOLLOWING. CREATE A BLOG ATTACH YOUR WEBSITE LINK. I WOULD EVEN  GO AS FAR AS POSTING AN AD.. KIJIJI, FREE LOCAL MARKETPLACE-. BUSINESS CARDS..I CAN SAY SO MUCH MORE BUT I DON'T FEEL INCLINED TO GIVE AWAY ALL MY TRICKS FOR EVERYONE TO READ. SORRY  GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes