Lots of traffic but zero sales

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

We've been getting a lot of traffic to our store. Today alone we got more than 2000 visitors, but none of them finalized a purchase. We have a dropshipping jewelry store, with a relatively low pricing strategy (kept lowering as we became more desperate to make a sale) plus a 30% discount code on our latest facebook ad (the one that got all the traffic).

www.madcopjewl.com

Today's stats:

- Visitors: 2,012

- Added to cart: 6

- Reached checkout: 6

- Average session duration: 58 seconds.

- Bounce rate: 74%

We've tried everything and can't understand how we don't get any conversions despite the number of visitors. If someone could review the website and maybe give some advice, we would very much appreciate it. If there are any other statistics you would want us to share, please let me know. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

You store does look great overall. However, there are some changes I would make. Have a cheap prices for jewelry may be turning people off as they could view it as to good to be true. You don't want to cheapen you brand by having all these discounts. I would pull back on discounts.

Even if you are getting traffic, not all traffic is created equal. Based on your numbers, I would say the traffic is not converting because it's not the right people coming to your store. We recommend our ecommerce clients start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns (see below). Then for Facebook we setup them with a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook.  Now on to your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. Kill the carousel on the homepage as it has proven to be bad for conversions rate. If you can not remove it then limit the number of sliders you use.

2. Maybe add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage

3. You have good images, however, in the future it'd be good to have them all look more consistent style wise. Some have a model in the picture and others don't. Try to keep all your product images be consistent from a brand POV.

4. The two images above the email box don't add any value. I would remove them and maybe put your USP in a nicely design image there. If you are going to use the space then make it work for you.

Product Page Feedback

1. Remove the secure checkout as it gets in the way of someone buying. You can just add this to the footer

2. I might make your product description a bit longer to say what material the product is made out of. The tree of life is a good example. Then you have products like the Paw that have no product description. Every product needs to have a description as this is where you sell the product and convince someone to buy it.

3. Add your return/refund policy to all product pages, like you do for shipping.

4. Add a sizing guide to each product page. That way people buy the right size. You don't want to have to deal with reviews.

For setting up Google Shopping, please see below as you will need a Google Merchant Centre account and a Google Ads account to running Google Shopping campaigns. Making sure you have the right bids and campagns structure will determine if you succeed or not. Also see the section on Facebook and setting up remarketing:

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Anaytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy.. you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/stated checkout but have not bought anything.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your store overall. You just need to make sure you are getting the right traffic and make some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 2

I think @DuaneBrown Pretty much hit it on the head with his feedback. The number issue I can see is the lack of copy. Sometimes we underestimate the value of good copywriting. Your store looks good, you have strong images, but you have little to no copy. Don't sell jewelry, sell a lifestyle. Also, I would suggest instead of running ads directly to your homepage, direct your ads to a landing page where you can really sell them on why they should buy your jewelry, as opposed to every other in the market. Definitely, ease-up on the discounts. Why buy now, when I can come back later and get an even bigger discount. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your feedback. Would you mind to clarify on what you mean by "the number issue" and "copy"? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you very much for the thorough feedback. We will work on everything you mentioned and see if we get any positive results.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Madcop,

Your store and jewels looks great, your design is very clean there are many who would love that,

In addition to the great suggestions above, 

I'd recommend:

• Changing the colors of your call to action buttons - the Add to Cart and Checkout buttons to light blue / green / red something light and attractive, It's less aligned with your theme colors but at the end of the day it makes many more sales, see: https://www.postmm.com/internet-marketing/lead-generation-conversion/ecommerce-button-color
  • Changing the "Check out" button to Checkout
  • I wouldn't mention the "Easy refund" in the front page, it makes people think about all the bad things that could happen when they order, and why aren't they offer free shipping, when they're asking themselves questions, your loosing sales :-) I see that you're offering Free shipping in some places, mention that instead "Free shipping in the UK" or "FREE UK Shipping"
  • Your story is nice, it can be much better, looking at your about us page, it feels a bit technical, like you're explaining an investor your business model, try to soften it to the end buyer who wants to talk about fashion, design, trends, and your great pricing, keep in mind that the customers know that your prices are great just by looking at them, I'd consider not even mentioning it and talk about what and how amazing and special your jewels are.

Regarding sales and conversions, when looking at your website, nothing can suggest the very low conversion rate of people adding to cart which means that you're most probably not getting the right people in, I checked your Facebook Pixel and it looks like it's implemented properly so your measurement should be correct, but it looks like your not using Facebook Dynamic ads, and that's where you can get the most conversions when advertising products.

When working with dynamic Facebook ads make sure your ads investment leads to getting value, and till then, learning who is your most likely to purchase audience by capturing the people who visited your store, added to cart and purchased, You're welcome to try using Facebook ads with our new Smart Ads app to help you get there fast from your first audience targeting to full optimization: https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads - creates professional dynamic collection ads and slider ads with products catalog on Facebook for your store and help you with constantly improving your sales with introducing better new learning audiences.

All the best! 

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes