Lots of traffic, no sales. Help!

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

I need advice or feedback!

I've had my store up for about 2 months now with 1 organic sale. I have good traffic on my website everyday between 100 - 200 clicks. I have a very active facebook page with lots of followers and conversation but no one is buying. Active Instagram page too. I'm on my pages everyday trying to make it better, adding new items, a wide variety, adding links, e-mail sign ups, facebook ads, instagram, engaging with customers and regularly posting.  I'm using Google Analytics but like other people have said, it gives you info on where people are going but not what they think or why they aren't buying.

I'm stuck on how to make my header more interesting and more professional. I've looked up some coding but nothing has worked well. I'm also trying to go through and make my photos the same size on items. Other than that I'm really not sure what else to do. I'd love to hear some new ideas. My website is www.quinnscatporium.com. 

I know it's only been 2 monhs and I'm trying to stay positive but I was hoping for at least a few more sales. What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2666 190 422

Hi Liz, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on your store so far. It really shows that you've put a lot of work into it. I especially love the story you tell in the About Us section. There are a few things which I noticed which could be altered/ improved though, let's take a look at them below:

• The first thing that leaps out to me is the grey background on the homepage. I think adding a homepage slideshow which takes up more of the homepage could be something worth looking into for you here. The current background could give the impression that the website is a little dated which could affect store visitors following through on conversions. I found a blog post with the top 50 Shopify stores examples for you to look at and offer some inspiration
  • You mentioned you have an Instagram account for the store which is great to see. People love cats on Instagram so this is the perfect place to be. Organic Instagram engagement is a great way to leverage Instagram to help find and build an audience for your store/ brand. Getting involved in conversations with people about cats and not pushing for the hard sell, and people will check out your profile and store out of curiosity. A top Shopify Expert recently did a podcast about this with a store owner using this technique very effectively which you can listen to here
  • You also mentioned you have done some Facebook ads. Facebook ads can be difficult even on the best of days. If people are visiting the store but then not buying anything, it could be the audience it is reaching. Reaching the right audience is essential with ads. There’s a technique known as the 3x3x3 method that’s a pretty good way of doing this. You start out with 3 ads, 3 different audiences and 3 sets of copy/images with a small budget for each, then monitor the results for each variable. You’ll notice some ads will perform better than others. You can drop off the less successful ads and raise the budget for the more successful ones, to reach that key audience. There are some good guides and tutorials for this method going into more detail about one of which you can find here that is definitely worth your time looking into further. 

I hope this helps and point you in the right direction for some next steps to take your store to the next level as the potential and groundwork is there. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thank you Nick! I will look into the changes you suggested. Great advice.

I've been tossing around the idea of trying a new theme altogether. A lot of the coding changes I need help with so it can be challenging. For example, I like your idea of doing the slideshow bigger but I'm not sure how to make that change so I will have to play around.

I've been checking out some of the links you provided too. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

1 Like