Lots of traffic - no sales :(

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi there, I launched my shopify store around 9 weeks ago. I have had 8 sales in total (6 from people i know lol - the other 2 were "real" customers). I have been spending money on both facebook and instagram ads and i have a decent amount of traffic to the site each day (its been steady at roughly 50 a day until probably 2 weeks ago, and now its around 100-150 visits per day). But none of it is converting to sales. I even did a click frenzy sale last week of 25% off for 2 days (where i was getting around 250 site visits per day) - and I got no sales. From google analytics it seems that customers are spending around a minute on average on the site.

I have had a friend tell me that I don't have enough products on my site too. I have a 15 piece womens clothing collection. And whilst I am keen to start on my next collection to increase the inventory - until i can prove that the business is viable by moving the first collecton - well, I'm not sure that will be able to happen

Could anyone offer me some feedback on my site, and maybe even my product if thats allowed on here?

my site is www.hanathelabel.com

Thank you, Amy

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
744 17 203

Hi @Amy79 !

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
396 41 131

Hi @Amy79

Have seen your store and it looks great. 

I think your problems located in two places:

- 1 is your social proof. When your customers visit your store, they don't see what parts can make them feel safe. 

- 2 is your price. Your products' prices are quite high. 

To solve problem one, there are some ways to do that: 

- Have reviews section: I see you've some orders, you can take reviews from them. 

- Social channels: Have seen your Instagram gallery, and it has so much good content and many product photos. So an Instagram gallery is a good way to show Instagram content. 

So if you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you do that with ease. 

- Have live chat support to help your customers feel more trustworthy. 

To solve problem two, maybe you can try to have some promotion events to see how it works. If when you sell your products at lower prices, you sell more, so the problem is definitely the price.

- There are some small details that you can change here:

+ This section needs to be clearer. When I see this section, I don't know what it is showing. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1605588526169.png

+ On your product pages, you need to add:

The Quantity section 

The Sticky Add to Cart

More upsell and cross-sell methods 

- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF Invoice will help you create many unique templates. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Highlighted

Hi @Amy79 

I have to say that your store was such beautiful and the image quality of your products are so amazing. Otherwise, I have some recommendations on your Homepage

1. Social bar

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 15.17.30.png

I think that you should move your Social platform icon down to the footer.

2. Make head bar sticky

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 15.19.05.png

This would be more convenient for all users if they're scrolling up and down in your store. They still can access another section during surfing and easily checking what inside Cart right now or searching for a specific item.

3. Brand reputation

Currently, I can not find any information related to your brand, this would be a pain point that customers do not have enough trust when buying with your store. Customers are usually seeking long-term commitments.

Displaying a transparent brand story with a clear mission, vision and value proposition is essential to developing your brand credibility.

4. Testimonials

Using feedback from customers will build up the credibility of your store, you can have more chance of gaining sales in the nearest future.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 15.28.37.png

5. Footer

Now you may don't have enough information for your store, but it can be build up day by day. So this is an example of an e-commerce web, you can try it.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 15.31.57.png

Hope that my recommendations would be useful for you. Furthermore, you should check this article to optimize your Homepage better and better.

Cheer!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1442 73 244

Hello @Amy79, I hope you are doing well! Here are a few tips:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Display the standard size of images. Images of the collection on the homepage are too large.

- Add a drop-down menu in the collection option of the header menu.

- There is a lot of whitespace in the header.

Some marketing tools that you must add which will help you to increase the conversion & retention rate in your store are:

- You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

- You should add reviews. It helps in brand recognition and develops trust with other visitors.

- You can give product recommendations by personalizing the consumer shopping experience through gathered data, you can give better suggestions to your customers, which will then increase the likelihood that your customers will purchase a suggested product. It can be like trending, new arrivals, recently viewed.

Setup Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Amy

I have gone through your website and it looks amazing. I have recently created mine for selling face masks here in South Africa (www.tfsupplies.co.za) which you can see for comparison. When I saw yours, I was like wow... This is amazing. To be honest I was happy with many things:

1. Very professional, 2. Detail product descriptions, 3. Customer comfort pages like refund policy etc. 

This makes it even more frustrating because with all this why aren't sales flying through the roof. Which is what I'm faced with. Friends and family say it's good blah blah, nice job... But where's the cash??

So as a someone who doesn't know you, let me tell you what will stop me from buying on this website with brute honesty (just trying to help, I don't mean any offence):

1. This one probably unique to me being from SA but it seems a bit expensive for products that I don't have trust in yet. E.g I'll probably spend that on trusted international brands (Nike, Adidas etc even though these are not your competitors) but not something i don't trust yet. Maybe cheaper items that allow customers to build trust should be on offer as well. I'm not too familiar with women's clothing but maybe cheaper items like shorts, t shirts, underwear, socks etc which people can "take a chance on" and when they see good quality and a sales/delivery process that works, they come back for the "big stuff". 

2. Also linked to trust, is the "what do other people think" before I buy this. Someone mentioned it already but customer reviews will be very useful. And yes I know... You need customers before you can get customer reviews I was giving discounts to all my friends to buy and share their experience o social media. Problem was all their friends knew they were "helping me out" so don't think it was very credible. I've seen something about embedding customer reviews into the website which I'll be trying soon as I figure out how. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Ashaylan

Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 3

Hello!

I clicked to your site expecting print on demand t-shirts or something, so I was pleased to find beautiful custom designed clothing! I respect what you're doing, it's no simple task. I've been in e-commerce quite a few years (new to Shopify) and I wear this style of clothing all the time, and honestly your prices are standard boutique indie designer prices. I think it's a beautiful collection and your modeled photos are really stunningly styled. I do agree that a very simple Instagram feed is a good idea, just because your imagery is stunning enough to impress and a lot of your target customers are likely very active on IG.

I think your products are beautiful - and I'm a size 6 millennial women who wears bold printed maxi dresses, so I'm in your market to say so, I would wear many of them, though I am in the US so I am currently wearing sweaters. Love the patterns in your fabrics, love the photography. I don't think the prices are crazy either, especially in AUD. What I think is missing is the why behind the purchase, something to get them over the final hump from interest to commitment and get the sale as a result.

I don't think collection size is a problem, because it's all really narrow, and that's a good thing: it's a limited style that sells to the same customer. If you had 15 pieces split between women/men/boys/girls/housewares/accessories in three different styles you'd have a big selection problem, but I think 15 is plenty to start. I do think the navigation and structure is built for a bigger series of collections, which is part of why it may feel that way. But you can fix that with clever design, which I think is worth it as you said the goal right now is to sell this collection through and can always go back to the original layout when you're successful in the future. So here's my recommendations to do that:

1. Get rid of the collections tab in the navigation and turn SHOP sub-categories into main categories - Dresses, Tops, etc. as the navigation menu items
  2. In the navigation, link directly to the Kimono page - not to a category with one product
  3. Consider an alternate grouping: bold prints and classic staples, which would give two full categories

So a quick side question: you're running ads, what's the target landing pages? If you're sending to the home page....stop, or you'll need to adjust some things. Try sending that traffic to a product page, like that stunning kimono, or to custom collection of "hand-drawn printed designer casual wear" with your kimono, jumpsuit, dresses, etc. as I'm assuming those are your own print designs as well, and it's a much more targeted ad campaign on on-page experience, and then your collection won't look small for landing page. 

Okay....those are minor though, and not the core of the problem.

I get the impression, looking at the photography and the prices, that it's designer-boutique immediately. However, I was expecting you to back up a reason for the prices - the careful quality manufacturing, the lifestyle you represent, the designer I can relate to and admire her courage for creating her own collection and bringing to life on her own. But then when I look around I don't then get connected to that designer-boutique experience.

Ask yourself, who are you selling to, what's she like? How does she connect to indie brands - the manufacturing, the designer, the lifestyle, the backstory...go look through your IG followers accounts, see who else they follow and engage with. Not clothing brands necessarily, it can be anything - if you see many of them love Fenty makeup, well that tells you something about their values, lifestyle, and self-image. They're also in your price range probably. Ask yourself: how do those brands sell themselves? Make a list of things and specific aspects of lifestyle they're representing.

Most brands cannot pull off a "lifestyle" brand from the gate, and I would usually say don't even try. But looking at your modeled product imagery and products, assuming their manufacturing quality fits the price, I think you can do it. There's a very specific image that carries from your modeled images, an boho beachy, modern casual vibe and I think you can do it. But you need to sell the rest of the story: who are you, and why should I buy my clothes from you?

You need something unique with your product, which you have. But I need to connect with your unique company, or the lifestyle around it, the way the product is made, or best of all: all of the above. Check out Lolita Olympia on YouTube. She's another Australian indie brand, not clothing but pottery, about 30k subs on YouTube so not huge. Read the comments - people are in love with her. If you can capture your version of her feeling on your website and in your social media, you're golden I think. Your products are fine, but your brand is not being communicated.

The homepage, and product pages, have no UVP: a unique value proposition. This is the #1 problem I think, and this is the heart of communicating your brand.

Since this is clothing, I don't think a complex UVP activity is needed or helpful. So I'll do a basic modified version:

1. What does she want? Like I said, look at her Instagram activity.
2. What is unique about you, your product?
3. Where do they overlap? That's your UVP.

People will pay designer-indie prices...but only from designer indie brands. I know from your post here that these are your designs, but I would not know that from the website alone without studying it carefully (which people do not do in 1 minute onsite), and certainly not from the homepage.

Did you design these during lockdown to fulfil your dream of fashion design? Tell us, show us your early sketches, the photos of prototypes, tell us your excitement. Write a post, make a video, put it on the homepage, put it on the product page.
Did you create each design with inspiration from your life? What were you imagining as you were working, what girl was in your head, what is she doing in your outfits? Tell us.
You have a staples collection there are millions of out there, why did you add a camisole to your collection? What are you showing us that's unique in your pieces? Make it clear on those pages.
Did you carefully review 10 factories and reject 7 for stitch quality, labor over fabric samples, etc. etc.? Show us the photos, make a video about it, put it on the homepage, make us excited to buy from you.

Finally, you really need to re-structure your homepage to reflect your brand. Put your UVP right on top, right under the navigation bar: who made this, what the "heart" of the brand is, the spirit of the collection. Immediately answer the question: why should I buy from you and not from the million other better known places to buy clothing from? Show them this place is made just for her type of girl, and you've got about 10 seconds to do it.

Next, match the motivation in a little more detail. Show the lifestyle or the visual proof of your brand. Show your girl how you understand her, how you are her (if you are), and how your brand and products enhance it even more. Link every photo here to a product. This may go next, or it may go lower down on the page. You don't have the traffic for an A/B test, so experiment with both over the course of a few weeks and compare bounce rate in analytics.

Address any concerns: returns, shipping, etc.

Show as many of your bestselling pieces as possible, with a strong call-to-action for your brand. 6-8 pieces probably will work visually, with only 15 pieces you might just show them all. Make your category image cards smaller if possible.

Last: Instagram feed

In summary:

1. Beautiful products and stunning imagery, I think you can sell to a cold audience from ads
2. Consider re-structuring your navigation and category presentation to minimize the small collection being noticeable
3. Stop sending ad traffic to your current homepage, if you're doing that and send to much more targeted pages
4. Most important: you need a brand message and a unique selling reason
5. Look on Instagram and find your customer's favorite brands, make a list of what she connects to
6. Ask yourself which of things you have, and how you can present them
7. Show the heart behind the brand, your passion for the fashion, the why behind the pieces, etc. and connect them to your UVP
8. Redesign your homepage to communicate that with a strong call-to-action to view specific products or more thematic categories

Your collection is called Phoenix Rising...show us that fire, and the sales will come from that alone. You've got beautiful products. I respect what you're trying to do, which is why I took the time to write this. Let me know if you have other questions on any of this.

Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

Hey @Amy79,

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either senseless or copied or not unique. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
192 5 40

Hi @Amy79 

I have emailed you. Please check your email (orders @ hanathelabel.com ) 

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/