Lots of views, no sales?

kahliachase
Tourist
4 0 1

I have been tweaking my shop for a long time and I am just not getting any sales!! It's starting to drive me nuts. I have lots of people clicking on products but no one adds to cart. I hired someone to critique my shop and they gave me lots to work with. I have changed my theme, added lots of features and still nothing. I do get sales and go through phases of selling (MOSTLY during the holidays and on Etsy) so I know it's not that people don't like my products. Maybe it's that people have a hard time justifying spending money on jewelry for themselves when it's not a special occasion? I have a hard time getting into the buyers mind with my own products.

I have two theories... 1. I am not creating enough urgency or 2. My prices are too high for this time of year.

So my question is, what do I do now?! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

https://mettaweaving.com/

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @kahliachase,

Sorry to hear your sales aren't where you had hoped. I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

mettaweaving-01.png

Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a candle or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

SEO
You mentioned Etsy, something important to keep in mind is that Etsy is it's own website and has it's own search and algorithm. When a visitor goes to Etsy and makes a search, they are looking specifically for an Etsy seller. Now, when you move off Etsy you are now trying to show up in search results on Google so it is very important to get your SEO right.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
kahliachase
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you very much for the detailed advice! I actually just emailed someone back today about having some of my pieces in a local shop. I used to do markets before covid and I think I will be getting back into it next season. I sell better in person, which makes sense because they are there in front of people to hold and try on. I don't use social media anymore and I know that has effected sales, but that is a personal choice I am making so I am looking at other ways to get traffic (SEO, pinterest, etc.).

0 Likes

Hi @kahliachase , this is Opinew- Product Review App. Here are some comments I would like to add about your store:

The header: it’s essential to make your header sticky. It can be useful for customers to navigate through sites. You will need to show the full search bar too, many customers will look for the search bar in the header.

Opinew_0-1626456552291.png

The Homepage

• Banners: your banner is fine with a CTA, but please consider adding more banners to the Homepage, which is good to deliver more information.
  • Testimonials section (should have): Customers will always want to check your stores’ feedback and information. So the testimonial section is a must-have.
  • The product list: you can show a product list on Homepage with buttons like Add-to-Cart or Buy Now. You should also use the hover effect which shows the 2nd images of the product
  • Discounts: many customers will be attracted to stores with discount products. You should set more sales campaigns and discounts to attract customers.

Your Product page: 

• The product images: you are doing a good job with the product images. You can still improve it using the videos. A video is the best tool to deliver information to customers.
  • Review sections: the review section is also important like the testimonials. The user-generated content is really important to boost your store reputation and brand. Your review section is still buggy, please fix it for a better experience. To encourage customers to write reviews, you can give them a reward or discount to motivate them.

Opinew_1-1626456552367.png

I hope these suggestions can be helpful for your online store. Hit Like or Solution if you agree.

Good luck with your store!

Opinew - Product Review App | Boosts your Shopify store’s conversions with reviews rich in UGC.
Import reviews from Amazon, eBay & AliExpress in 1-click and request verified reviews from purchase.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3730 214 663

Hey @kahliachaseThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions:

Good points of your store:

• easy to navigate
  • Good collection page layout
  • good product page layout

Increase the viewport of the store. The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page.

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Run email and push campaigns. Just a heads up! Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Your store lacks customer engagement. Increase the engagement in your store. You need to engage your visitors coming to your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce the Customer Churn Rate i.e a percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

Hi @kahliachase 

Your website looks cool . I would like to suggest few missing features which helps in promoting your products .Try to implement to boost your sales.

The recently viewed items allows you to show your visitors the items they've viewed while browsing your site, offering you an opportunity to increase your sales by showing them the items they've already shown interest in. Adding a recently viewed products section to your website is a great way to enable customers to quickly compare products or easily go back to a product they have previously viewed in order to continue with their purchase.

Untitled.png

Implement reward program and social login features to your store. It helps in  boosting sales.
->The Rewards system is to attract the customers to stay connected with your product or service. If you want to win customer loyalty, then one sure shot way is to introduce the reward scheme. .
->Social Login is single sign-on for end users. Using existing login information from a social network provider like Facebook, Twitter, or Google, the user can sign into a third party website instead of creating a new account specifically for that website. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.

Thanks
team Tuecus 

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
martyfilo
Tourist
8 1 1

@kahliachase Hi Kahlia – I looked at your "Meet the Metalsmith" tab on your site and it looks like you have an interesting story to share behind your products. You could do a TalkShopLive show that would allow you to interact with viewers live, showcase your products and make sales directly from the buy button on your video (the buyers never leave the show throughout the entire checkout process since the checkout happens on the video). The show also remains viewable, shoppable and embeddable once the show has ended. It might be cool to do a live show in your shop while you show the viewers how the pieces are made. There is a Shopify app to sync orders to Shopify.

0 Likes
Dammytucker
16 0 0

Hello, At times shopify store layout determines the level of conversation rate. Did you know something? Having a shopify store without an adequate and excellent design will sure chase visitors away from your store. Because most of the visitors like to buy from a store that is captivating and have some standard facilities which your store is lacking.. And also Implementation of Auto revenue and IPQ AUTOMATION in your store will also help your store in increasing the conversation rate. So the ball now is in your court. If you need an expert I can be of help but I will advice you to take a good discussion and think about all I have told you 

IF TOU THINK THIS IS HELPFUL YOU CAN ACCEPT IT AS SOLUTION THEN. have a wonderful day

Dammy cares

samantamontes1305@gmail.com

0 Likes