Lots of visitors but No Add to Carts or Conversions

Jason11
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey guys, My name is Jason, I've created a small store about two weeks ago centered around cleaning products called Homes Maiden.

At the moment, I've spent around $60 for this specific product, gotten 300 visitors, but have not made any add-to-carts or sales. I believe it cannot be my ads as they seem to engage well with the advertisement. I feel as if the customers lose interest as soon as they saw my store.

Can anyone give me some constructive criticism or advice to improve my store

HomePage: https://homesmaiden.com/

Landing Page: https://homesmaiden.com/products/self-cleaning-mop

0 Likes
arushibhatia20
Shopify Partner
187 35 123

Hey there, 

Great store, Love your products and I must say, great timing to open your store. 

I love so many things about your store and the design looks great too. 

As per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

With social proof, you can show who is buying your products and where and that definitely gives a push to the viewer to buy your product. 

You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.  

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Arushi

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
Jason11
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey, thank you for the advice, I've implemented the features and I already think that it boosts my trust and credibility. I tried not to go overboard and made it to where it blended into my store without it seeming too out of place. If you're still there, could you critique my store and give some criticism on how you feel about it as of now?

Thank You.

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Homes Maiden,

"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being"improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:

• The "search bar" is not enabled in the store theme and hence, is missing from the homepage as well.
  • "Favicon" enhances user experience and facilitates easier site identification as well.
  • Include some "images" in the "About Us" section to make it express regarding the brand in a better way.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Hoping your store visitors convert to customers very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @Jason11 ,

I checked your store, and the product seems really great. Here's a product, which will help you clean your home in ease. I would like to share some feedbacks:

1. Add a currency setting in your store page, given that you do free worldwide shipping. I'm from India, and it was showing the products in INR, but at checkout it was showing in $. 

2. The main banner (header banner) at homepage is blurred, please use a high quality image. 

3. Web design is a big factor in the trust level that customers have when on your site and is a factor in how long they will stay on your site. These two factors obviously translate into sales, or lack of sales if not done properly. I would suggest you to revamp the design - it should look clean personalised, and premium. In this way, your store achieves more credibility an trust which will result in more sales. Check out -> here, there are a lot of free webpage themes which will help.

4. Adding product labels/stickers like Free Shipping, Summer Sale can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. These will also help increase conversions.

Do let me know if you need any help, I'm happy to be of assistance.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Jason11
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank You, I've already implemented most of the features that you've previously stated, I just have a question about my current website design. Could you provide some more details about what you currently think about it as of now?

0 Likes

Hi Jason11

Congratulations on your shop!

I love the simple and basic design of your shop. 

Obviously i'm also new here and not and expert if I may, here's a few suggestion:

-The page is a little too empty you may want to put some other element such as testimonials or other things that might reinforce interest to buyers.

-The Background design wise is a little too noisy I suggest to make the text more of a Focal point.

Overall you're off to a good start!

If you find these helpful please let me know!

Cheers,

Jasper

Download our Notifications app for FREE to help store owners through Covid-19 - Notifications By Mokool
0 Likes
Hello,

I'm in the process of creating a store and I'm very mindful that I need to convert visitors to customers, your shop looks fine, it's clear and easy to navigate, my immediate thought would be that when visitors see your site they need to be given the impression that you're a professional outfit, I confident that when you add more products to the catalogue the sales will follow, a vast selection of products keeps customers on the website.
Darren
www.mintcards.co.uk
0 Likes