Lots of visitors no sales

Highlighted
1 0 0
Www.vikingbeardshop.com
https://www.facebook.com/vikingbeardshop/
Bought an existing site with 1000 email subscribers and about the same on Facebook. Owner was selling 1 subpar product but had let the site die for months (last 3 months no sales) . I updated the site, cleaned it up, rebranded, upgraded with private label products. Facebook ads are driving good traffic to the site (1300 in the last week at a respectable 24¢ per click) but they aren't converting to sales. Could some of you give me some feedback to help me understand what the issue may be?
0 Likes

Hi @VikingBeard 

Few Suggestions To Work On 

• Home Page (flow) 
  • Product Page (Description) 
  • Site Navigation 
  • About Page 
  • Blogs 

I'll also email you a more detailed review going over these things so look out for that. 

Overall not bad. I love the slideshow image

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

First thing i thought on the website , is what are your color schemes, looks just white to me.  2nd the about us should not be on home page unless its about giving to charity or something to make the customer buy. The home page is to keep the customer browsing . there should only be your newsletter and top products, and your vikingbeard  image theme doesn't click to anything , if that's the logo then you need something to catch there eyes.

Plus your contact us page doesn't work. Now that's the little stuff now we are at product pages, i know i already said this but there's is no color but white on there , i need to see the brown and green you got in the "logo"if that is. Plus i dont see any logo on product page. I need the features bold and/or colored on your product page i don't want to read all of the benefits must people already know that highlight that too , but tell me i'm going to be the best looking beard if i ordered the product ex (do you have an itchy beard , lets get rid of that dessert no moisture feeling with (your product name),

- product pages need pictures-need to give out something free too to build trust , that can go on home page or at the top link 

-Now i don't see your facebook ads but even with all of what i see if you do the ads right you should be getting sales without any corrections that i mention above. 

i would say you have a good social proof on facebook , but now its time for sales keep marketing untill they die 

-this is just the fun part of being a merchant to figure out how are you going to crack the code

1 Like

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Also, your CPC does not matter on Facebook. your cost per Add To Cart would be a better metric to look at. If you can not get people to Add To Cart, your ads or traffic needs work

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized and feels tight right now as you don't have any breathing room on the page. You can change this by working on the layout and not having to much product on your homepage

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes