Love feedback womens 100% silk scarfs only 5 int visitors, 4 sessions 3 carts 2 checkouts 1 sale??

Tourist
8 1 1

Ruth_and_Fiona_HomePal_14mm_HRH.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 12 27

Hi, @homepal!

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out with this question, and sharing this image of your products - they look beautiful! 

I'd love to look into your store further to help share some feedback and make some recommendations about your site. So that I can do this, can you please share a link to your site with me here?

Also, I'd really like to hear a bit more about your current marketing strategy and your target audience so that I can make some tailored suggestions in regard to any ads you're running and how these are targeted. If you can tell me a bit more about this, that would be very helpful! 

Looking forward to hearing back from you so that I can provide more assistance. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Tourist
8 1 1
Hello Rae
Thanks. That's so very helpful. Exactly the response I need.
Firstly, the default URL link to my store is https://homepal.store.
My current marketing strategy - Im not keen on investing a lot of money atm unless Im going to get sales obviously, through ppl understanding and appreciating what my product really is. I potentially could use social media, but don't have a facebook account like most and so not keen on this route - Im concentrating on google. But experiencing time delay getting best set up on that. Ive set up GMC and google ads (ads doesn't seem to be running yet) and a google marketing campaign budget of £4.20 day potentially but they don't seem to be using it.
Ive made one sale by word of mouth, customer viewing and feeling the product. (scarf Kikiz).
My target audience is really business people and professional types, and high end market, because theyre the type who wear this type of premium accessory. One obvious example is the Queen !!! Also ppl who need or want naturally hypo-allergenic fabrics for skin or allergy reasons, as real 100% silk is incredibly hypoallergenic and wonderfully soft to wear. Its also multi-season as it breathes with the body so warm in winter, and cool in summer.
It needs to be people who want and need the real thing and not fake or thin silk which is 1/10th of the price. While fake silk appears soft and smooth, the sctual fibres are hard, and this means a complete and incomparable difference in the wearing and caring experience. People who have experienced real silk will never go back to fake.
So I guess Im competing with Gabiano, Christian Lacroix, and many other designers, but they don't have much plain dye colours. But plain colours are much easier to have as an accessory for a business suit, giving a smart professional look, yet easy to match up outfits and co-ordinate.
Hope that's helped to understand the target market.?
Joy

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 12 27

Hi, @homepal

Thank you so much for getting back to me with all these details, Joy! 

After looking into your site further, I'd love to share some recommendations of ways to receive more traffic and influence more sales. Please check out my specific suggestions outlined below: 

1. The logo on your homepage is quite large and it's pushing the menu further down the page, and taking the focus away from the important links shown here. With this in mind, it can be beneficial to have a smaller logo here so that the menu on your site is what grabs the customer's attention. This logo can be sized down directly in the Theme Editor on your site by opening your Shopify admin, clicking on 'Online Store > Themes'  and clicking 'Customize'  on your live theme. Then, from the Theme Editor, select the 'Header'  section and adjust the logo's size using the 'Custom logo width (in pixels)'  field. If you're interested in designing a new logo altogether, Hatchful is a great program to use. 
  2. The main menu on your site is slightly difficult to navigate. With 'Our Range'  being on the far right, many customers may miss this button and not be aware of how to find your products. Instead, I recommend moving some of the menu items like 'Free Shipping Globally'  and 'Our Promises'  into your footer menu, and having 'Our Range'  be listed directly beside 'Home'. For more tips on editing the menus on your site, this help document covers how to build and structure menus based on the information that customers want and need most. 
  3. The formatting on your menu items also differs slightly, with some being all capitalized, and others not. This is slightly distracting and difficult to look at, so it would be best to format all of the menu items exactly the same way. 
  4. Some of the images on the homepage are used multiple times throughout and look slightly repetitive. To keep customers interested in your homepage and your products, I suggest removing some of the duplicate images and using unique product images in each image placeholder. Creating high quality product photography is a great idea, as you can use these images on your site - and also in any advertising campaigns you run - to further strengthen your brand image. We have a guide that covers how to create this photography yourself - check it out here. Our Product Photography blog is also packed with lots of helpful tips and tricks on this. 
  5. There is a lot of text on the footer and the homepage sections on your site that may be hard for customers to digest. With this in mind, I recommend organizing this information into other pages you have - like 'Contact Us'  and 'About Us'  - and ensuring the information you share isn't repeated multiple times on the site. Having so much text can cause information overload for customers, and make the site difficult to navigate, so removing any extra or duplicated text will be really helpful. 
  6. I also noticed that you still have 'Powered by Shopify'  showing in your footer. To ensure the branding is consistent on your site, you can follow these steps to remove this text, and add your own brand name here instead. 

In terms of your marketing strategy, thank you for sharing all these details with me! Have you had a chance to develop a marketing plan for your business? 

I understand that you're hoping to keep your marketing costs down, so it will be beneficial to consider some organic marketing tactics, along with the paid methods you're already using. Organic marketing works well on social media networks like Facebook and Instagram, so building business pages for your company on those channels is a great idea. Even if you decide against advertising on these networks, having an online presence on these channels can help increase customer awareness and trust in your brand. 

It sounds like you have a detailed outline of who your target market is, so now I suggest finding out where these individuals spend time online, and how they consume media. If most of these individuals are on Facebook, then Facebook advertising may make the most sense for your business. Once you figure out where these individuals are consuming ads, you will be able to advertise to them as effectively as possible. For more details on this, check out this document

Additionally, are you currently targeting a specific geographical area of customers? Having a target market in one area can be a great way to help target ads and ensure these ads are effectively reaching your customers. This resource has many tips on ad targeting for various channels that can be used to ensure the campaigns you run are successful. 

Lastly, for more tips on marketing, please check out the following links: 

This information will get you on the right track, but if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist further. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like