Love some feedback on retro toyshop no sales yet!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there

I've just launched a new online retro toy store Wigwam Toys https://wigwamtoys.co.uk/.The online store is an extension of a very popular bricks and mortar toy shop in Brighton, UK. They sell classic, unusual retro style toys like sylvanian families and my little pony as well as creative, design led toys, wooden toys and books.

Would you mind taking a look and offering some feedback?  

I clicked solved by mistake as open to other suggestions!!!!

It's been live 3 weeks, optimisation is good. Offered vouchers to vip customers on launch but not one sale! Backlinks are ok and waiting for redirect from old wordpress blog to take effect. Not one sale yet but traffic is low competition high so looking for some pointers if you spot something missing?

0 Likes

Love Brighton! In the city twice a year speaking at BrightonSEO conference. We also have a couple clients that sell toys in American, so that is where our experience is coming from. 3 weeks is not a long time but here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I might make your product images a bit bigger, so they are easier to see on the homepage

3. Read this guide on how to improve your category pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw had only 1 or 2 images. Also make sure product are not so small in the image

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

4. I would move "Secured and trusted checkout with:" to your footer and not have the issue of creating duplicate content

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Duane

Thanks so much for the feedback very useful. Glad you like Brighton i know Brighton seo and kelvin very welll as I used to work with him! Look me up next time you are over be lovely to connect Id love to talk to you about being a shopify partner? Thanks again agree on carousel reminds me ofhttp://shouldiuseacarousel.com/ and the absense of clear offers (cta) is an issue. I will make the changes. We have a long way to go as very competitive and have not done any real marketing yet. Thanks again keep in touch - Yvette

0 Likes
Tourist
16 0 2

@webyogi wrote:

Hi there

I've just launched a new online retro toy store Wigwam Toys https://wigwamtoys.co.uk/.The online store is an extension of a very popular bricks and mortar toy shop in Brighton, UK. They sell classic, unusual retro style toys like sylvanian families and my little pony as well as creative, design led toys, wooden toys and books.

Would you mind taking a look and offering some feedback?  

I clicked solved by mistake as open to other suggestions!!!!

It's been live 3 weeks, optimisation is good. Offered vouchers to vip customers on launch but not one sale! Backlinks are ok and waiting for redirect from old wordpress blog to take effect. Not one sale yet but traffic is low competition high so looking for some pointers if you spot something missing?

Hi! 3 weeks and no sale? Clearly this is not a successful store as is being claimed, the companies I work with are able to make sales with minimal traffic. Also you price point for some of your items is in the upper high range so you will need to put more effort into retargeting strategies too elaborate to converse with here. Focusing on backlinks and old wordpress blogs is terribly inefficient. Hope this helps!

Instagram Influencer
0 Likes
Trailblazer
642 40 150

Hi Webyogi,

The website looks amazing and the toy collection is great. The pink colour of the site brings the child out of me.

I have briefly reviewed your site and here are some of my suggestions that you can update easily.

1. The header is nice and breezy but I think you can reduce some of the white space so that when on collection page you can see some of the products on the screen, currently all you see is the header and feature image. https://wigwamtoys.co.uk/collections/best-years
  2. You should place your search box on the website header, the Searchbox is a key feature for online stores. The current search page link is in footer and no one will notice that in first view.
  3. Also, the default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  4. Lastly, You have over 125 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows advanced filters, partial search, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the live search action at https://www.ofrida.com this will help you understand what you are missing out. 

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like