Low Conversion Rate: <= 1%

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey guys,

I would like to ask you, if you have any tips for me how to increase my Conversion Rate. I am quite new to Shopify and this is my website: https://simay-shop.com/

First I had a normal Homepage but then I changed the Home to a Category Page too, I do not know if this was the right move. Would like to have feedback :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
179 26 109

Hi Simay! Welcome to the world of Shopify. :-) 

You have a great start! Here’s what I love: 

• You have a favicon
  • You make sure people know that the shipping is free.
  • Your About Us story to great
  • You have reviews, which is often the hardest part.

Now, there are some things I found on your website that may be blocking those conversions. 

Your homepage
It needs a hero image and call to action or some sort of messaging that conveys you are selling wall art. I don’t think jumping into the products is the best move. When I first came to your website, I didn’t know it was wall art. Customers don’t want to guess what you’re selling, especially on the homepage.

I would keep testing themes to see which one is right for your customers and stores. Heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during someone’s visit) can help you determine which theme is more successful and why it’s successful. 

Collections
Have you considered putting your products into collections? Breaking it up can help your customers browse or find what they were looking for. It’ll help build your menu bar out a little bit more but also give customers more options than just a large number of products. 

Keep in mind that you’ll want to add filters to your collections to narrow it down by price, colors, etc. 

Product page

I like the simplicity of your product pages, but I’m not a huge fan of the discount countdown. It feels more distracting than helpful, and since it restarts on each page, it doesn’t seem effective. I would continue experimenting with it and see what your customers think. Watch recordings to see if people are hovering over it or paying any attention to it at all.

I would give the dimensions in several formats instead of just centimetres, such as adding in inches. Consider adding a photo that shows the size in relation to another object, like a chair. It can give perspective to the sizes to help people find just the right size. If they can see what it would look like on their walls, you help push them through the funnel. 

Speaking of helping people…

Engaging customers
I like your contact page (though I would remove the phone number field, even though it’s optional). That being said, let’s say I’m a customer. I have a question about one of your products. I go to the Contact page, enter in the information and then leave because I’ll have to wait to get an answer.

There’s a better way. Live chat would let you address those questions while customers are still on your website. It’s fast and easy for both you and the customer. It’s a win/win! 

You can also set up auto invites, which automatically ask someone to chat if they meet certain criteria like didn’t check out within 2 minutes of adding a product to the cart. It can help you find those people who need assistance and help them when they need it most. 

Overall, you’re doing great! One last thing: make sure all of your email addresses are linked. I found that most of them across your site aren’t linked. Just comb through each page, including the refund and shipping policy pages, to find those email addresses.

I know it sounds like a lot, but you’re headed the right direction! Visitor behavior through heatmaps and recordings can really help make a huge difference in understanding what needs to be changed. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Hope this helped. Good luck, and I can’t wait to see how your store and business grow! 

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Simay Shop,

I think the "category page" which you have implemented needs some changes for effective conversion rate: Those changes are:

• Align all "Footer links" vertically for symmetric placement. After aligning, Place footer links to the left and newsletter to the footer right.
  • The "Search Bar" is not enabled in the "Store Theme" and hence, is missing from the "homepage" as well. Place the search bar on the top-right header corner, beside the cart, when added.
  • "Currency converter" is a must as you deal with "worldwide shipping".
  • "Professional Hero Banner" is a must for "decent site view".
  • Include "prompt CTA buttons like Buy now, Shop Now " to the "hero banner" of your store that syncs well with your store theme & branding.
  • A "BUY NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added to the product page helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Keep up the good work! 
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey guys, I have updated my store.

I would like to have your feedback again :) 

simay-shop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Simay,
The store looks much more professional and the changes have been implemented beautifully.
Keep up the good work!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

My Conversion Rate still doesn't seem to change :(

0 Likes