Low Conversion Rate

PuriSB
1 0 0

Hello,

I have a women’s clothing store which was set up two months ago and has been getting regular traffic of 400-600 per day. 

My sales conversion has been minimal, in fact only four sales and one which is myself testing the site. 

I have set FB and Instagram, and run ads across both of them, however the conversion rate is super low. We do get add to carts, however not getting the sale.

Any feedback would be amazing as this is my second go and I’m really committed to make this site work.

MyFigHer

0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
855 22 251

Hi @PuriSB !

Welcome to Shopify family and congrats on your store!

Your homepage should include following:

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 

3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 

4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product, website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. 

5. There are no trust badges at your homepage, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop

6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

7. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

8. Add About us page

9. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

11. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

12. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

13. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes

Hi friend,

About your problem of getting traffic but low conversion rate, I suggest you should install a push notification app.

Actionable Analytics & Promotion - https://ecomfit.com/
0 Likes
appfreaker_com
Shopify Partner
1924 37 235

Hello,

I am unable to find your website URL. Can you provide your store URL.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi there @PuriSB!

Congratulations on your clothing store! 

It would be nice if you provide your website URL in order for me to give you a more personalized suggestion on how to improve your website. 

However, given the situation that you manage to drive traffic and get people to add products to the cart, I would strongly recommend you to implement the retargeting campaign. Retargeting campaigns are used to remind customers of the products they are interested in or were put into the cart after they leave the website with very kinds of creatives. 

You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b. 

Good luck on your store! 

0 Likes

Hi @PuriSB ,

Congratulations on your store and welcome to Shopify

In order to attract customers and boost conversions, some of the things that you can do are as follow:

1. Branding: As soon as the customer lands on the homepage, a good brand logo and brand name increases the recall among customers.

2. Homepage: Your homepage gives a sense to the customer about the quality of the site and products. A clean, well maintained homepage with proper categories makes the user navigation smooth.

3. Search: The conversions depend a lot on how quickly are the customers able to reach to the product that they intend to buy. A search bar that guides the user and helps them search for the intended products would reduce the time for the users to make decisions and will boost sales.

4. Product Page: The product catalog and the product description are the ultimate places where most drop-offs happen. The reason is customers are looking for relevant but less information that they can consume and make purchase decisions.

5. Reviews: Adding customer reviews for products on your site helps the customers to build trust and acts as a catalyst in boosting conversions.

Lastly, I would recommend you to have a look at product labels and stickers from ModeMagic, that will help you attract more customers by communicating to them your messages such as sale,discounts,customer favorites,coming soon etc. on product images itself. You also have an option for making your own stickers using "Make Custom Sticker".

Here is a relevant blog that might help: https://getmodemagic.com/create-shopify-homepage-increase-conversion-rates/

Hope it helps!!

Cheers

Shikha

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic|Product Labels

Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes