Low Traffic...help

6 0 0

Hi i used to get around150-200 visitors per day and get 3-4 sales everyday, and then i moved house and pushed it all to the side and stopped updating website for around 2 months. And now im getting around 5-10 visitors a day and struggling to find a way to get them back up, any help or ideas would be appreciated. My website is https://www.traininsanegymwear.co.uk/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2930 214 474

Hi James, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I really like what you have so far and think you're in a great place with things to get it moving again. You mentioned that you moved and didn't give it too much love for a couple of months, which would definitely put a halt to things. Websites and online stores need constant care and updates to keep building it. It's almost similar to working out and eating right for a while and then stopping for two months taking you back to square one. The trick is to just be consistent with it. Below are a few things I noticed or think might help you get back to where you were previously:

• SEO is something which needs to be maintained and worked on constantly. If you are struggling to get visitors SEO could something to focus on to help get you back to where you were. You can find some information Shopify has on SEO from the link here, but there are also some SEO apps in the Shopify app store which could be worth looking also. There is definitely an audience/ market for you and SEO is great for helping people find you and for you to get in front of that market. An SEO app I really like and even use on my own store is SEO manager
  • I spotted there was no Contact Us page. This is something I would definitely recommend adding just for the simple fact it takes as much thought process away from the customer from contacting you by making the process as easy as possible. It also adds trust with your customers as it shows you're brand is open and approachable. The content team also wrote a great blog post with 5 steps to building a standout Contact Us page
  • I also noticed there was no About Us page. I think the first question I asked when I saw your store was "Who are Train Insane Gymwear?" and I wanted to find out more. I saw the pictures and was intrigued so went to look for more. Not only is it a chance to tell people who you are but it's also an opportunity to tell your story and why you created the brand and tell people about your passion for fitness. You could also compliment an About Us page by starting a blog. A blog will also help with your SEO as well as being extra content to entice people to check you out. 

Hopefully, you'll be back on track in no time and congrats on the move. Any other question, just ask. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes