Low conversion rate - looking for some tips!

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey! I recently created a new store - popverse.co.nz. The goal of the business is to bring pop culture merchandise/collectibles to NZ, a niche which is not over saturated here. We’ve had one sale and one other ATC out of 500 or so visitors, which is not incredibly impressive.
I’d love advice on how to improve the website, specifically the conversion rate! :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hi @TahliaM

Ren here from the Shopify support team. Thanks for posting! 

I have to say right off the bat that your website is really excellent. It's very polished and it grabs my attention right away. I love that you've established your brand with your colours to match the logo as well as your bold fonts. The site is easy to navigate and contains a FAQ as well as the necessary store policies to help build trust. I also really like seeing your social proof app.

Nice work throughout! 

I did notice that your IG social media link isn't working so be sure to correct that: 

All that being said, I don't believe the website is necessarily where you want to focus to increase your conversions as the site is great and I would personally feel safe and secure to make a purchase from it. I love to hear that you recently had 500 visitors but are they the right visitors? What is your marketing looking like right now? Have you identified your niche to target with ads? If not, have you started thinking about how you'll market? I think your content would do well through influencer marketing (and TikTok is the really big up and coming one to keep a close eye on!)

I also see you're having a sale on all of your products right now. What about featuring one of those categories and running an ad for it? Most of your Pop Vinyl characters surely have a fan club and RuPaul's Drag Race latest season is likely trending so why not use a niche marketing campaign to get that Pop Vinyl under the eyes of RPDR fans? I believe you have a really great advantage here as not only a pop culture brand/seller but one with the ability to hyper-focus on certain trends and niche audiences. 

How's your email marketing customer list looking? Be sure to check your email to see if Shopify Email Marketing has become active on your store. Email marketing is a fantastic way to reach an often untapped market of consumers and it's currently free! You could send out a discount or free shipping offer, promote a new product or character (especially when relevant to a new movie release). 

I'd love to hear your thought on the above! Best of luck moving forward with your online store and always remember Shopify support is available to help 24/7 so don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you so much for your feedback Ren! I'm ecstatic to hear that the work I've put in has resulted in a trustworthy site.

The marketing is likely to be the issue in that case. I've been targeting very specific audiences for each product, and getting a lot of traffic particularly on some of the Pop Vinyls. With your response, you've given me the confidence that I need to continue revamping my marketing & social media platforms until I'm able to reach the right audience. I'll absolutely be putting your advice to good use on that front!

Thanks again for your very helpful comment (and for pointing out that stray IG link!).

Have an awesome day :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 25 98

Hello @TahliaM,

Congratulations on your new store. Your store is looking awesome! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add product slideshow/banner on the Home page to make the store look professional.

2. Add the 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. You've added the email newsletter section Enter the Popverse twice on the Home page. Keep it in the footer and remove it from the other section. 

4. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

5. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged

6. You can add testimonials on the home page.

7. The Instagram account provided in the footer is broken. 

8. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

9. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

10. Add more specific product titles in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title unique and more specific.

11. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

I also did a flare check on your site. You don't have any URLs indexed by Google. But your website has 46+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 85

Hey again! 

You're so welcome. Ad marketing is definitely a matter of trial and error, reviewing your results and making adjustments to improve the next outcome so keep at it.

I love the advice offered by Jeena above. Particularly points 6 and 10. Adding testimonials to the front page is a great way to bring social proof, trust and reliability to the forefront all in one go. Low effort but with a great result.  You can opt for something elaborate with product images (as seen with your product pages) or something a little less busy and sleek like a testimonial slider.

They also made a really valid point about SEO. This is another one of those fine-tuning skills that don't happen overnight but will make a big difference in the long run. Here's a great (and free!) introductory course to SEO on Shopify. 

Keep up the excellent work!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hey @TahliaM 

Congratulations on your new store page! I hope you're doing well and are safe in this time of crisis. 

I had an input on your product catalogue, so I thought I'd add it here. Although it contains limited products right now, I missed seeing any social proof and urgency. What the store could really use a clear message to 'Buy This!' A suggestion here. You could add some kind of interesting stickers or labels to highlight things like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc. instead of the theme labels that you're using right now. The Shopify app store is source of some really good Apps that can give your catalogue the focus it really needs. That's the best way you can make sure that a new visitor ends up buying and experiencing the same joy that you feel when you create and showcase these products!  

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Gari

ModeMagic

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes