Low conversion rate

Tim_J
Tourist
7 0 3

My daughter is 11yrs old and wanted to start a scrunchie of the month club so that girls can feel the excitement of getting something cool in the mail. 

We set up a Shopify store together for her.   

We have mailed out some sample packages to some social media influencers that fit our target demographic and the response to our product is great!  The recipients love them!

We ran a facebook ad for 5 days and a google ad for 5 days.  We received 500 clicks on our website but only one purchase.  It seems for some reason we are losing customers after viewing our website.  

I am hoping people on here with some experience and success with their own stores could help us out by providing some positive feedback and perhaps offering some tips to help her store be successful.

Is there any way to figure out where we are losing the customers? 

Can anyone help us figure out why our conversion rate is so low?   

Here's the link to our site

www.scrunchieclub.ca

Help.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes
waytoapps
Trailblazer
234 21 112

Hi

Your store looks great. I have few suggestions on your store.

Firstly its a great idea of monthly membership(delivery of different scrunchies each month).

I suggest you to also add individual products in the store and add more number of collections to the homepage. 

Make sure to maintain different collections in individual list of products that should not include in Scrunchies Membership Club collections.

Add reviews on your products to increase your sales further.

In the product page, add Related products(featured collections) to increase Cross sales.

If you have any handmade products in your store consider to sale on ETSY. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
215 15 74

Hello @Tim_J 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Now, to some feedback on your page: 

a) CTA Button on Banner

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page. It is also a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page. 

b) Sticky headers 

The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly. Consider also making your heading fonts a bit bigger or bolder, so that they stick out. 

c) Chatbot:

You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyse which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solves your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

d) Newsletter

A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup, so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter. 

Best of Luck on your lovely store and a very happy new year to you and your daughter!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz