I have had a store up and running for about a year, but only really started to take it seriously a couple of weeks back.
My conversion rate is about 0.76% and I was wondering if you guys had any feedback/suggestions as to how I can improve that metric.
Primary audience: 16-24 males who enjoy playing video games
Targetting was done through integrated advertising in youtube videos.
Any and all help is appreciated.
I've removed a post from this thread. Feedback should always be constructive, never offensive so let's be positive :)
For more information on our community values please review the Community Guidelines
TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy take a look at your site and offer advice and feedback. I will break this response into two categories, the first being site review and the second focusing on marketing and growth.
I first want to just take a moment to say that I think your site is really, really great. As someone who is not in your primary audience, I am still captivated by your website, products and photography. I think you've done a fantastic job branding your company consistently throughout your whole site. I did notice a few areas that I think can be improved and with a few, small and simple changes, my hope is that you will start to see better conversion rates.
I find your navigation to be a little confusing. I am not sure what the difference is between Lookbook, Preview and Store. Additionally, it seems like your home page is your Lookbook, which is not conventional. With that being said, I am not opposed to this but I do think that not having a more traditional home page may confuse some of your viewers who are looking to learn more about your business and what you stand for. If you like having the Lookbook as your home page, I would at least suggest including a slideshow or perhaps a sentence or two at the top of the page that welcomes your customers and explains who you are for first timers.
Moving onto your Preview and Store pages, I am not sure I understand the difference. They both seem to be displaying all of your products but in different layouts. I absolutely love how you designed the Preview page - it's really nicely laid out, has a cool, clean vibe, but I just don't think you need both the Preview page and a Store page. My vote would be to keep the Preview page but rename it to Store or Shop. That way people know exactly where to go if they want to purchase something. Simplicity is key!
2. Info page
I find that as a consumer when shopping online there are certain areas on a shop that I look for.
These three areas are very important to many customers because this will help build trust and trust is everything when running an e-commerce website. Your info page, for a lack of better words, has a lot of info! Squishing these all into one page makes it hard for people to find the answers to their questions. I'd suggest separating them into their own pages but you could keep them together in a single dropdown menu. I would also include your email (and phone number if applicable) right on your contact page along with the form because based on my experience speaking with customers, many people get wary that these forms aren't connected and actually don't lead anywhere. This may not seem very important or noticeable but it is psychological. You can learn more about gaining customer trust on this blog post here and here. If you're looking to revamp or improve your About Us page, check out this blog that explains "How to Write a Persuasive About Us Page" for some inspiration.
1. Blogging/Youtubing - Since you've done the research and identified your target audience, you may as well keep trying to find similar ways to reach them and blogging and/or Youtubing is a great place to start! If your potential customers are on Youtube, it may be worth starting a channel for your business to talk about your products, story and inspirations, but also a great place to play your own video games, host interview with gamers and talk about subjects you're passionate about. The same can be done with blogging if you are more comfortable in front of the computer rather than in front of a camera! Learn more about starting a blog here and starting a Youtube channel here.
2. Influencer marketing - A great new way to get your products in front of your ideal target audience is to by influencer marketing. Influencers are social media celebrities with large followings. Brands like yourself collaborate with a relevant online influencer, tapping into both their creativity and engaged audience to build brand awareness in an authentic and organic way. Based on your audience, I think your brand would be a perfect fit for this type of marketing. Read this blog post to learn more about how to get started.
3. Product Reviews - Customers LOVE to read reviews. It's been proven that having product reviews that are positive can be the turning point for customers purchasing or leaving the shop. It gives them a sense of trust that the products are good quality, bought and vetted by others and having reviews really helps if the customer is on the edge of purchasing. After your customers have purchased from your shop, it's good to follow up with a thank you email asking them about their experience shopping on your website, any feedback on the product they purchased and kindly asking if they would leave a review on your website. It could also be a good opportunity to send them a 10% coupon for their next purchase. This is great for building customer relationships and it shows that you care. Best of all, their positive reviews will encourage others to purchase from you as well. It's a win-win! Our Product Reviews app is completely free to download.
Based on the numbers you shared, it seems like the advertising and marketing you're doing is bringing potential customers to your shop, so the key here is to focus your efforts on improving the overall user experience. Unfortunately, there are no defined measures guaranteed to produce a higher conversion rate, rather, I recommend a holistic approach that will strengthen your brand and appeal, which in turn should translate to higher conversion rates. The goal isn't just to make people buy your products, but instead, to buy into your brand.
Let me know your thoughts and if you had any questions or concerns.
Sunny | Shopify Guru
Hi Team Orochi,
LimeSpot Personalizer App could be helpful. It uses AI to recommend different products based on user's profiles and browsing history.
Our recommendation box conversion rates are 3 to 5 times higher than standard navigation and we are the #1 App for increasing basket size in Shopify platform.
We offer 14 days free trial and do not charge anything until we actually drive sales for you. Let me know if you're interested? I can help you with the installation and setup.