Made changes to website. More feedback?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Hi!

I made significant changes to my website and added more products... am I headed in the right direction? What else should I change/improve in order to start getting sales?

Thanks in advance!

SB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2691 190 427

Hi Sydney, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on your store so far. It looks like you've put a lot of work in and it definitely shows. There are some things I noticed which could be added/ improved which we will look at below:

• One of the first things I noticed was that there is no "Contact Us" page. A "Contact Us" page is important for a couple of reasons. Not only does it show confidence to the store visitors but also gives them somewhere to contact you for anything should they need to. Quite often a store visitor will hesitate to make a purchase if there is no "Contact Us" page, should anything go wrong, they might not feel confident in having to contact the store about it. Shopify actually has a great document going through how to set up a "Contact Us" page which you can see here
  •  An "About Us" page is a great way to share the story and the "why" of a store. Telling your story and why the store was created can get visitors emotionally invested and help persuade them to follow through on making a purchase. The marketing team at Shopify wrote a good blog post about this which you can see here and some good template layouts from Shopify's partner Oberlo's blog here
  • Organic Instagram marketing is a great way to leverage social media and a great way to find/ build your audience. A top Shopify expert recently did a podcast with a successful store owner about this which could be worth a listen here
  • While it might seem small in the grand scheme of things, I noticed there was no Favicon. While it might be a small detail, it is very noticeable with the layout of browser tabs. Shopify has a great guide on how to add a Favicon to your store here

That is a lot of information, but I hope it helps and gives you some guidance on some of the next steps to take. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 1

Nick,

Thank you for your feedback! It is very helpful. I will be sure to implement these new things soon!

Best,

Sydney

1 Like