Many visits but very poor conversions

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi all,

We launched our beachwear fashion brand and website 2 months ago. We developed influencers relationships and marketing, created pretty good social media profiles (FB and IG), created FB and IG ads, etc etc. The traffic has been pretty good, about 500 to 1000 visitors per day, but our conversion rate is super small.

I need an conversion expert to help us understand why customers are not buying. Any body has input, referrals, etc?

www.scarlettpoppies.com

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
61 4 20

Hi @abertinetti 

Is the traffic coming to the website represents your accurate target audience? If yes, then check your Cart Abandonment Rate and after that integrate a mechanism to win them back. Also, try to get your traffic's feedback on your products so that you can identify the problem of lack of conversions. If you have Cart abandonment issues then I would recommend you to integrate an abandoned cart recovery solution by CareCart. This will help in collecting your store's visitors emails and you can then send them reminders and push notifications.

I believe that you only need to focus on your in-store marketing tactics. Establishing a direct connection with your potential target audience is most important. Add spin a sale discount code game into your store as well to offer discount codes. This will fetch short-terms sales for you. For longer-term, establish email marketing mechanism for constant contact with your visitors. I would say employ customized Facebook messenger marketing campaigns as well to connect with your audience. 

One-stop solution for conversion: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
Highlighted

@abertinetti  hello I think you have an awesome option (WORLDWIDE SHIPPING | FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS ABOVE $99.)

why you hide in your closet, let customers will know about it.

the average conv. rate is about 2-4% what is your figure?

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1175 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

Your website looks professional and engaging - it is easy to see you have put a lot of work into that. Your traffic levels are also excellent - while the conversion is low, you can now start measuring closely which traffic sources bring you the most sales - simply monitor it in your Google Analytics.

Keep checking your GA data and after a few months you will have a very good idea, which platforms convert the best for you - you might notice the newsletter sends the most customers, while Instagram doesn't. You can then focus more time and resources on sending more newsletters to easily double your sales, while reducing your budget for marketing on Instagram, without losing any sales in the process. This is how the best converting brands find their 80/20 ratio - 20% of activities that generate 80% sales. After a while, you will need to focus on 2-3 platforms and reduce the marketing budget and skyrocket sales.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

My conversion rate is 0,04%, so something is not right. Or maybe for a new fashion brand with not cheap products in today's global situation is normal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
318 12 64

Hi @abertinetti welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share:

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
182 28 112

Hi @abertinetti

It’s frustrating to drive traffic but no conversions. I completely understand your concerns, and the good news is that there are things that can help.

Whenever we talk about traffic but no conversions, we have to think about a few things:

1. You’re driving the wrong traffic
  2. The store needs to be updated

My colleague recently did a website evaluation covering a very similar issue. You can watch it here if you’re interested. 

The good news is that visitor behavior can help you evaluate both aspects of your conversion issue. With heatmaps, to see where people click, you filter down to specific campaigns or sources (i.e., Facebook vs. Instagram) to see where people are clicking (or not clicking) and how they engage with your website. Session recordings will help you watch what they do as well.

Let’s move on to your website:

Homepage

• Focus on one hero image rather than multiple. When you described your site as beachwear, I didn’t expect to see face masks!  Launch a poll to your visitors to see what is most important to them - price, quality, handmade, etc. That will help you determine the best copy, CTA and image to use for your hero image.
  • As I scroll down the page, I see a few issues after the hero image. Jumping into products is one strategy, but if your click heatmaps shows no engagements, I would recommend reconsidering it. Instead, feature your product collections rather than the products.
  • If you decide to keep the layout, eliminate the rotating images on the product collections between the kimonos/cover-ups and tops/blouses. It’s unnecessary. 
  • “Timeless and beautiful” - I would shorten this dramatically to make it easier to read. 
  • Newsletter: Add a reason for people to want to sign up for it. Do they get a 10% discount? 

Footer

• Gift cards: Link to your Gift Card FAQs. 
  • Contact Us: List your time zone and an email address. Other than that, great! 
  • Store finder: Can you include the stores’ information as well? 
  • FAQ: There are some grammar issues. And where is the sizing chart?! 
  • Privacy Policy: Love this layout. 
  • Terms & Conditions: Again, this is a clean layout. Great job! 
  • Shipping & Returns: Fantastic move on listing shipping costs. 

Navigation

• Use a click heatmap to see where visitors are clicking. Watching session recordings to people navigating through your site is also helpful here.
  • I would expand “Shop” and keep “About Us,” “Shipping & Returns,” and Blog in the footer. So instead of Shop | About Us | Shipping & Returns | Blog on the main navigation, I would do Shop | Kimonos & Cover-Ups | Dresses | Tops & Blouses | Shorts & Bottoms | Contact Us. That may even be a bit long. You would have to evaluate your top-selling collections.
  • Is there any reason you put face masks into accessories? Since it’s the only thing in there, it may have a better response if you put in a Face mask collection. I would do some A/B testing. 

Collection pages

My only suggestion here is to add in some filters to help visitors sort the products. I would add in cost, color, material, rating, etc. 

Product pages

For reference, I’m looking at the TROGIR. 

• In your sizing chart, I would add in measurements instead of size. If I learned one thing from my wife, it’s that women’s sizing is all over the place. Adding in measurements may help your visitors understand what size they need. 
  • Reiterate your free shipping deal. Since the announcement bar is only on your homepage, it’s hard to remember it by the time someone reaches a product page.
  • You’re missing reviews! Make sure there is a place for reviews to help people see what others thought of the product. Add in a review invitation in your purchase confirmation emails. 

You’re definitely on the right track here! Visitor behavior is going to help you see what’s stopping your visitors from converting and help you find ways to make their experience even better. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 8 48

Hi @abertinetti

Yes, the main reason here is your new brand.

The thing is that in the eCommerce market, you cannot show how your products are amazing, right?

So people will buy products from some famous brands instead of yours. 

Try to find some way to make people believe that your products are amazing. 

Hope it helps!

Thank you, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
505 33 154

Hi @abertinetti !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.

One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.

If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.

That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

6. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  7.  Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
  10. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  11. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  12. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @abertinetti 

Welcome to the Shopify community!

I have checked your website, first I would love to tell you that the images look pretty sexy with the standard quality it's really attractive for any women.

Design-wise is really good. 

@Munn I really appreciate your suggestions and tips which you had provided to @abertinetti it could be worth it to follow.

Some feedbacks I would like to share I checked the social media profiles of your store and it's seems you are not too active to keep engage your customer with daily posts and new offers reminders.

So I thought you have to work on it otherwise I would be more than happy to work with you for the same.

Thanks.

Team, Oakleaf Infoway

Email ID: info@oakleafinfoway.com
0 Likes