Marketing, Great! Sales...Not.

Solved
2 0 0

https://www.416hollywoodnorth.com

Hey everyone! 

So to start off, although my username is 416HNorth, My name is Sebastian Geldart.

I've been working in Digital Marketing over a year now and I am very good at what I do. Contacting Influencers, Targeted FB, Insta, and Adwords ads, and it's great! Pulled in nearly 1000 Visitors in the last 3 Days and the shop has only been open for about 5! 

However...

My conversion is 0.

Lots of people in the scene coming and viewing, browsing a while, and adding nothing to their cart even! I have very generous discount coupons available from marketing referrals and my analytics look awesome from a traffic standpoint (Especially with the budget I'm on), but I'm unsure of why I'm not converting.

I'm wondering if any Shopify pros out there have any input of how I can improve my site in any way/shape/form!

I'll take any and all criticisms and be sure to work hard at resolving them, please let me know if you can everyone!

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
257 32 41

Hi there @416HNorth!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your page, and I'd be happy to offer my suggestions.

Before spending money on advertising for your products, it's important to validate your website to ensure that visitors with effectively convert into customers. Entrepreneurship is a lot of trial and error, and learning. You'll likely continue to pick up new ideas here and there, and apply them to your business to see if it helps. I did see an ad for your store pop-up on my personal Facebook after having looked at your store, and at this point I wouldn't recommend jumping into paid advertisements until you've made a few changes.

Firstly, when I arrive to your store it gives the assumption that your target market is all cosplayers, however your products don't necessarily appeal to every cosplayers desires. You might be interested in either expanding your inventory to offer a wider range of products with many other cosplay characters, or narrow your target audience to specific types of cosplayers. For example, it appears the majority of your products serve to anime cosplayers, as well as spider-man cosplayers. There aren't many other super-hero or video game options for every cosplayers needs. Focusing on who exactly your target market is will help you ensure you develop every aspect of your store with the intention that you are serving only them.

Your Home Page also initially takes some time to load, which can be resolved by optimizing your images. The Shopify App Store offers some image optimizer appsthat can help you decrease the load time while boosting your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Also on your Home Page, I noticed that the text of your Main Menu items is difficult to read with some of the images in your slider. This is the most important part of your online store so be sure to make it as easily accessible as possible. There's also quite a gap between the “Cosplay? Why, you just said the magic word!” -― Danika Stone, All the Feels"  text and your Featured Collection. Unnecessary space effects your stores visual appearance, so you might want to shorten that gap.

As for your other Pages, it looks like you have a few important ones that are missing. For example, I don't see an About Us Page identifying who you are, why you are, what your mission is and what you sell. It's important to identify what problem your target audience experiences, and how you provide a solution to this problem. Why should I buy my products from you rather than another cosplay store?

I also recommend adding a Contact Us Page as your visitors need a means of contacting you if they're experiencing any sort of trouble with an order. We've had merchant customers reach out to us wanting to purchase products on a website who's checkout wasn't working, but the online store didn't have a contact form. This can cause you to lose sales, so it's always a good idea to offer a way for your visitors to easily contact you. For that reason, the Contact Us page should also be added to the Main Menu bar.

I see you've made use of our store policy templates on your store, which is an integral way to build trust with potential customers. Many visitors will look at these pages to help them determine if they want to proceed with a purchase. Have you edited them to ensure that they apply specifically to your business? Your Returns Policy lists a number of items that your business doesn't sell, so it'd be a good idea to run through all of the store policies and edit them so that they make sense to your visitors.

I noticed you don't currently have a Newsletter Sign-up for your store. A Newsletter Sign-up is a great way to collect email address lists for email marketing. It's also a fantastic tool to entice visitors to purchase products by offering them a discount code in return. For example, you can add text to offer "Sign up and receive 15% off your next purchase" above the Newsletter section. You can then create a email campaign using an email marketing service to send a discount code automatically to new subscribers. What else have you been doing for marketing?

I also browsed through your products, and would recommend using your own product photos rather than supplier images. Using supplier images impacts the authenticity and brand of your business, so it's always best to take your own product photos. While you're at it, you might want to give the Oberlo Product Description Guide a read to help you captivate your audience's attention when they're browsing through your products. I also noticed some of your products have their variant sizes in a random order. Consistency helps keep your Online store looking professional so I recommend having your product variants list from smallest size to largest size.

There's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
1022 50 152

Hey @416HNorth,

Great products. 

I took a look at your website, and I can tell you've put in a lot of work! So you’re generating traffic, but you’re not getting any sales. It's a good thing actually. Not convinced? Let’s take a step back for a moment. Sure, on the one hand you’re not making any sales, but let’s look at the positives here. It's an opportunity.

Something is obviously going right. People actually care enough about your brand or your marketing to visit your website. But we still need to turn that traffic into sales.The issue that you are facing is very common among E Commerce sellers and it’s one which we’re sure you can solve.

Here are some productive feedback-

1. You have a lot of blank sales on your home page.

AwesomeScreenshot-416hollywoodnorth--2019-07-31_6_45.png

2. Pop-up Banners- I would personally recommend you to go for a 45-sec-pop-up at the entry. Conversion rates for pop ups are high and most surprising discovery is that the pop up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.

3. Create an engaging and interactive website- Engaged and loyal customers, can lead to an increase and repeat sales and also eventually lower down your cost of acquisition. 

4. Add links to your footer for about us, contact us, FAQ. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are the ones customers will look for.

5. You need to improve your desiging of your footer.

There are other constructive suggestions which will help you with your store engagement and eventually lead to conversions. I would love to help you with all the suggestions that I mentioned above.

Let me know your availability.

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Aitrillion.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks a TON everyone! I've already gotten to work on adding and editing things you guys have mentioned and want to keep on improving the site to make it the best it can be! Honestly I planned on adding about 10 products a day so that it CAN become a Cosplay site for all, but that is a ways in the future. I understand how targeted it looks at the moment and I'm definitely trying to add more general and varied items along the way, but your input was extremely useful and insightful.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1022 50 152
Hey,

Glad that you liked our feedback. I am a shopify expert and I would love to help you with the implementation of all the suggestions mentioned in the above comments. So let me know your availability.

Looking forward to hearing your success.

Regards,
AiTrillion.
Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1497 93 330

Hi 

I have reviewed your website briefly and here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily.

1. There is lot of white vacant spaces,you can reduce those.
  2. Instead of using logo as favicon. Use your bug image as favicon, it will be more visible.
  3. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search
  5. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  6. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value.
  7. The default search landing page https://416hollywoodnorth.com/pages/search-results? is bit off, I mean it's showing irrelevant. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. Lastly, You have over 100 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes