Marketing help!

Solved
Lamarieskin
Tourist
7 0 1

I have a body care business named lamarie skin , our website is Lamarieskin.com. I’m posting because I need help getting my business sales, the foot traffic to my website daily is low but even with the  few people that visit I haven’t had a sale in over 2 months and I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong or not doing! 

i can’t do promos on Instagram because for whatever reason my account is blocked so what are some other marketing ideas I can do to not only get click traffic bus also sales.

Can someone look at my website ANd let me know what’s wrong with my website or maybe some pointers 

my website is Lamarieskin.com

thank you

0 Likes

Hi @Lamarieskin 

Did you try google ads? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @Lamarieskin ,

When you get traffic and little to no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). 

screencapture-lamarieskin-password-2021-07-12-13_37_32.png

Your website is password protected so I am unable to look but if you are able to make it live, I'd be happy to take a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on. If you decide to do that, please tag me @EcomGeeks so that I see the notification and know to come back.

Because I can't take a look, I'm going to give you some general feedback.

PRODUCTS
As you know, body care can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for body care products in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local salons and spas to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Lamarieskin
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @EcomGeeks

sorry about that I was making some updates to my website, please when you get the chance go ahead and take a look and let me know what you think

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hey @LamarieskinThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Paid ads are the best way to drive traffic to your store. Run paid ads like FB ads, Instagram ads. It will help you to drive a good amount of traffic to your store in a short term. 

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. Instead of this 5 line paragram simply write the subheading related to the product that you are selling. 

AiTrillion_0-1626180801931.png

- Add a footer menu. It includes links like privacy, shipping, returns & refund policy, contact us, and about us info.

- Add a section of trending and new arrivals on the homepage by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. 

Here are some eCommerce marketing ideas to drive sales to your store:

• Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent.
  • Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.
  • Add a web push notification- It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

You can check out this article: 15 Tips to Grow Your eCommerce Business 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Lamarieskin,

I would still recommend everything I did in my previous post but I have some additional feedback after taking a look through your store.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
I would recommend cutting down on the amount of text you have in the banner (2-3 lines). That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

EcomGeeks_0-1625765135293.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment. This is a service we offer so if you are interested, you can click here for more information.

SITE IDENTITY
I would recommend using your logo as an anchor point for the design of your store. Match the fonts in your store to your logo, not every piece of text, not the body text but things like headings or page titles would be good. Pull colors from your logo to use for things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional. 

CONTACT PAGE
The contact page is one of the core pages that should be on every website. I see you have your contact information listed but should you want to add in a form, Shopify has made creating a contact page with a form really simple, here is how to do it:

SEO 
When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You have product names such as “Coconut Honey Lip Hydrator” and “Pucker Up Scrub”, the issue here is that a person trying to find this type of product in Google is not going to type “Coconut Honey Lip Hydrator” or “Pucker Up Scrub” into the search bar. I know SEO is no small task but it’s going to make a big impact. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: