Matsidiso Shoes- high abandoned cart rate (greater than 70%) - critic help please?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Our shop gets a lot of positive feedback due to our locally handmade products, but overall we have a very high abandoned cart rate, above 70% and I hate the idea of how many lost sales without knowing why. I would so appreciate overall feedback of our shop and your insights at the cart if you could? It would be SO appreciated! Thank you! 

-Jinae

www.matsidiso.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted

As people move from Add To Card to Checkout to Purchase... you will lose at least 30% (if not more) of the people at each step. This is pretty normal for ecommerce brands. Make sure you are running a Facebook Dynamic Product Ads campaign to show ads to people who have Add To Card/ Initiated Checkout but have not bought. This campaign is always our best ROI for our ecom clients. 

Looking at your store and going through your homepage, you have beautiful product photos across you site... even the non-product photos are great. Honestly one of the best sites I have seen on here ask for feedback this year. Here are some tweaks you can make but again your site is great and these are cosmetic changes at best:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would delay the 15% off popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

2. The Couquette Ostrich Feather Evening Bag has a different hover over image then the other 5 bags on the homepage. I would change this to be consistent but I don't see this change having a massive affect on your conversions rate

3. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

4. I would change the Love Notes titles to Customer Reviews, so people don't miss this important section on your site. Customer reviews help build social proof and build your brand

5. I would move the About Us (and sub-menus), Journal and Testimonial links to your footer. That way you can have your main menu feature your category (Women, Men and Bags) as links. Also your About Us has a lot of sub-menus links that are not all related to your about us section... your sizing chart being a good example. You want these sub-menus in the footer, so customer don't miss finding out information they want about buying the right size shoes.

Product Page Feedback

1. Add links to your return/refund policy on each product page as you do for shipping

2. I would move the "frequently bought together" higher on the product page and have it sit below the product images. This would help balance out the page layout. This would be a great a/b test to see if it can increase your average order value

3. I wold try to add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it will help with your SEO

Your store is beautiful as I said above and these are cosmetic changes at best. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0
Thank you SO much I really appreciate all of the help! I had no idea about the carousel banners so that is something I will change right away along with the rest! Thank you for your time and for your kind feedback on our site!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Absolute perfection :)

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes