Hey! I have had my website up over a year and a half and it is for my candle business - I make And all the products on the website both retail and for wholesale. I like the site but feel there’s still things that could be done to make it better but need an outsider/customer perspective. I am focused on making sure the site is informative, visual appealing and convey trust and tweak it monthly. For example, earlier this week I redid product descriptions. What do you all think and what suggestions do you think would make it better - to navigate, understand, convince you to buy if you were to be a customer?
Hey @MDCandlemaker ,
You may want to edit the URL in your post since it's not linking to your site.
Anyway, love your site, very appealing design, everything looks nice and on point. I'm sure you make good money with it. I don't really have any problem with it, even though maybe you should consider adding a favicon?
Hi @MDCandlemaker ,
You have done a great job on the website. It is really looking amazing!!
Here are some suggestions that you can consider :
1. Consider adding favicon to the website.
2. You should add information about Shipping, Returns and Refund policy to increase trust among shoppers.
3. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app.
Turning More Shoppers Into Customers
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.
Thanks for taking the time to look. Here's my response....
1. Favicon. Just added it. Granted I can't see it, but it has been added. Let me know if you see it.
2. Live chat. Not going to do. I am one person and make everything as well as package and ship and so on. Folks haven't had a problems so far reaching out via our contact page or social media.
3. Reviews. For now we have reviews on our homepage, just need to scroll down to get see. We are not a drop shipping company - we make everything we sell. We have tried getting people to leave reviews and rate us and so on, but no one seems to have the time to do so. Not to mention reviews can easily be faked and low unreasonable reviews do not help. We just find having and adding new reviews to that section of our homepage works.
4. Trust badges. Just added a link showing our terms and conditions such as return policy and shipping, however not seeing it so am still working on that. On our About page we do show that we do a 100% satisfaction gaurantee. We'll add that into the content of our product descriptions to further emphasize trust. Thanks for this tip!
5. SEO. We have already added long search words including the product title which states our scent name and list products that we sell in that scent all in the header alone. Same with key words for each product too as well as tagging our photos.
6. Sale offers. We do this on our social media pages and in every shipped box is a thank you note with coupon code to come back soon. Not to mention on the announcement bar it shows we do free shipping on orders of $40 or more. The best we can do for a small business.
7. Blog. There is one. At the menu bar it is titled Journal. 1/3 of our traffic is from our blogs - surprising enough. We just think of things people will type into google - questions and the like and write blogs on the topic.
Thanks for the feedback. But gotta ask - you say the "store looks great" but never specifically said what is "great" about it. Care to elaborate. - Michelle