Media Company, New to Merch...

gcodegfb
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello!

I have a media company that recently began selling merch on Shopify. So far, I like the response, and see limitless potential for growth. 

One comment I'm constantly receiving is how I should have more "fashionable" stuff on my site, which I'm already in the process of doing. I definitely want to put more merch that has stuff like album art or characters on it, but right now my priority is establishing the brand first. We are not a merch company, we are a media company that has merch. 

Can you please review my site? any constructive critique would be appreciated.

0 Likes
DangTruong23
Excursionist
10 2 6

Hi @gcodegfb,

I don't see the link to your website Can you share it here so we can have a look?

Dang Truong | Ecommerce Expert @ EcomSolid - The Next Generation Shopify Theme

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Need help setting up and optimizing your store? Learn the latest tactics at https://blog.ecomsolid.com/.
- Want a next-gen Shopify theme for free? Check out EcomSolid.
0 Likes
gcodegfb
Tourist
4 0 0
GFBmerch.com
0 Likes
DangTruong23
Excursionist
10 2 6

Hey @gcodegfb ,

Thanks for the link.

As you said, you are focusing on branding at the moment, so I won't go deep into the general style of the website, cuz you probably have your own style.

However, I still have some tips for the website's features, generally to help you gain more visitor's trust.

1. Add more information about you:

Currently, you show no contact information on your website.

Understand that most visitors know who you are, but they would still need to know who to contact if there's something wrong with the purchases.

It's a way to gain their trust, be responsible, and sell better.

So, consider adding your business email, phone number, and PO Box into the footer.

2. Add "Return Policies" And "Shipping Info":

Many customers want to know these info before making purchases, so they are a must-have, and you should display them in the footer.

Check out examples on how to write them here and here.

3. Add a favicon to your store:

Meaning the icon next to your website name. Essential if you want to appear professional and official.

Check this to see how to update it in Shopify.

4. Consider adding social media posts and/or customer reviews:

A little something extra to connect to your visitors, show off your online community, and sell better. 

If that feels like a lot to update, consider using a store builder like EcomSolid. We have templates and drag-and-drop function so you can change these things quickly.

I hope that helps and good luck @gcodegfb !

Dang Truong | Ecommerce Expert @ EcomSolid - The Next Generation Shopify Theme

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Need help setting up and optimizing your store? Learn the latest tactics at https://blog.ecomsolid.com/.
- Want a next-gen Shopify theme for free? Check out EcomSolid.

Hi @gcodegfb 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1.  Improve your sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. 

RichardNguyen_0-1608861418535.png

Your header is taking up a big area now. You should make it smaller or be displayed with your logo aligned with your menu to save space . It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

RichardNguyen_1-1608861418543.gif

2. You need a more suitable banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. That content is hard to see your banner now.  Using slideshow is a good idea, but those images are quite blurry and not highlight your products.

RichardNguyen_2-1608861418538.png

RichardNguyen_3-1608861418657.png

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers.

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling.

3. Add more content on your homepage

Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections. Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials.

4. Add more navigation tabs on the header

In the future, if you have more product types, you should put some tabs to show your product, for example, hats, joggers, T-shirt types, trousers, bags, etc. This gives a clear idea/outline of what they're selling to their customers right the moment customers land on their page. You can take a look at the homepage of Laneige US (https://us.laneige.com/). They have navigation tabs like Skincare, Lipcare, Makeup, Bestsellers, etc.

5. Have Direct Links to “Return Policy” and “Shipping Info” in the Footer        

Last but not least, you should display or link to an easy-to-read Return Policy or Delivery Policy information in your footer area. Because customers are not able to fully see, hold, or test a product before buying it online is one of the reasons many users sometimes exercise extreme due careful, closely inspecting images and reviews before buying. One of major factors for decreasing purchasing anxiety and reducing the consequences of purchasing the wrong product is by having liberal return policies.

RichardNguyen_4-1608861418523.png

In detail of shipping policy, I suggest that you should use ‘Delivery Date’ Instead of ‘Delivery Speed’. The customer won’t be worried about it containing the weekend or buying day. These tips will incentivize customers to make purchasing decisions.

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage 

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly  is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.

Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.

Good luck and have a nice day! Merry Christmas!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

gcodegfb
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you for your response!! It was informative and I will implementing from it ASAP!!

0 Likes