Migrated my 5 years Opencart store to Shopify: Need your Feedback on my new Shopify Store

Hi Shopify family,

I recently migrated my 5 years opencart store to Shopify about 2-3 weeks ago. Having done everything to set it up, I need some overall feedback. I look forward to any suggestions or feedback you have, and will truly appreciate it! Thank you!! 

Store URL: https://tuccipolo.com

Your Trusted Leader in Handcrafted Luxury Italian Leather Shoes
0 Likes

Hello @tmbiamno ,

I had just now looked at your store, your store products collection was good, I have some suggestions for you, I hope surely they will help you in increasing your sales:

• On the home page, the left menu took a lot of space it would be great if the menu bar has a “show and hide” option. So that the home page banner and collection images can fill the screen.
  • I think “new products”,” Best sellers”  and “customer testimonials” section would look great if they were placed below the “trending products” section. Placing them at the left makes the site look uneven. The product page also has the same changes.

I hope you like our feedback

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
Aizada
Shopify Partner
381 34 153

Hi @tmbiamno 

Your store looks very informative and dynamic, it is no way boring or overwhelming. The products seem to be of high quality. 

It looks like the mobile version speed is the issue. I recommend seeing the analytics of how many people use mobile phones to enter your site, and if the ratio is big, make sure to get rid of unused codes and compressing the images that you are using. If you have some hard-coded apps, ask the developers to optimize their codes. 

As for functionality, your site is not lacking anything. So I only have a couple of things you can do if you want to take your business to the next level. 

1) Run a referral campaign. The items on your site is something that everyone will potentially like, so by giving your customers an opportunity to share items from your store and get discounts for that will work great for driving more relevant traffic and also to build a loyal customer base. 

2) The review widget on your site is currently not working. Enable it on product pages to get more testimonials. 

3) Launch a Reward program. You can reward your members for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
Gari
Shopify Partner
185 15 40

Hello @tmbiamno 

Welcome to the Shopify world! I hope you are well and safe in these difficult times. I had a couple of inputs for your store so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. My first reaction when I reached your homepage was - oh. what should I be looking at? Because there are a lot of things as soon as you reach the first page. As a shopper I didn't know what I should look at first. 
  2. I would suggest that you reduce some elements from the homepage and put links instead so that every visitor can go to the page that they want to look at. 
  3. For example, you can remove the categories drop down from the left and create a single categories link - the drop down list can appear on click.
  4. Similarly, you can move the social media icons and the contact details to the footer section. No need to keep it in the top bar. 
  5. Instead of keeping he new and best sellers on the left side in one box, why don't you put them right in the centre? They deserve the maximum attention right? Showcase them. Shoppers are most likely to check them out first. You can also add badges and labels to show that they are the latest or the best products in your catalog. You can check some designs of these labels in this app here.
  6. For you product description pages - it's great that you have a detailed description of the product. But shoppers tend to be a little impatient. So it'll be great if you can highlight some key terms or put it in bullet points so people can read faster. 

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, absolutely useful and I will implement them. thank you

0 Likes

Thanks Aizada, for your feedback. I appreciate it. I'm working on the speed optimization now for both desktop and mobile and for other features and incentives, I will check out the app you recommended. thank you

0 Likes
SecHardware
1 0 0

Hi! How did you go about migrating from Opencart to Shopify? Our store is of a similar age with a vast customer and product databse, we are hoping to begin a migration in the new year but looking for any advice on the best methods for migration to shopify!

Thanks for any help everyone!

0 Likes
eferg
Excursionist
16 0 15

I know I'm a bit late to respond   I'm a fellow shop owner (CascadiaDesignStudio) and I'll share what I experienced.

First, your shop is one of the best Shopify stores I've seen.  Product photography and videos are excellent.  The amount of information available exceeds that of most shops.

Now for some minor issues I saw:

Contact form physical address has no City or Zip code.

Recommend adding two dots on phone number to separate the digits.

Shipping & Returns tab on product page shows strange text in places. Example: NO_CACHE

Privacy Policy shows strange text in places. Example: USER_ALLOWED_SAVE_COOKIE

Return Policy contains verbiage that has no connection to the products offered: Example: CD,DVD,VHS tape ....

When I purchase on-line I like to know where the product is shipping from. I could not find that information.  Recommend adding this to the Shipping page.

A chat bot opened when I entered the site and I dismissed it. It shown up again as I browsed the site, which many people would find annoying. Recommend only showing it one time.

0 Likes