Monogrammed phone cases store - FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Hi shopify community! I have just launched my website and have started running some traffic to it. I am using lucky orange to record peoples sessions. Majority of people are only staying on the site for 10-20 seconds. I would love some feedback on the layout and anything that could be improved to look more professional and trustworhty. The site speed is quite slow so if there is anything you can recommend to speed it up that would be great! I would also like to build out my home page so if you have any ideas please let me know. thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1200 59 355

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here  

The homepage feels a little bare and unengaging; with a one-product store, you need more content to keep people browsing for longer. See his video: https://youtu.be/OLvmsTuSMIo

Also, the preview monogram looks just like a font overlay, not the gold plated monogram as stated, which doesn't give the true idea of how the finished product will look like. 

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve complete website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/  

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 6 24

Hi @initiali_co 

Just had a look at your store. I would say that the banners hold most important since it creates the first impression for the user. Try to add a marketing video to your homepage to captivate your audience. For conversions, I would recommend you focusing on your in-store marketing strategies as well. Those strategies will help you in winning your potential customers. Add an email marketing solution to send reminders and customized offers to your lost visitors. Add a Facebook live chat widget in order to establish a direct connection with your website visitors. This will help you in taking your visitors' queries and send them customized offers. Add your social icons to the website header/footer too.

As soon as you get your first sale, integrate a social proof mechanism to show real-time sales notifications to your website visitors. Such practice always helps in boosting sales. Keep giving importance to your blog page, in the long run, this will benefit your organic rankings. Good Luck

One-stop solution for conversion: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @initiali_co 

I'm Victor, Marketing Manager at PageFly Page Builder

I have some feedback on your homepage and your product page and hope it can help you a bit.

1. Consider using a sticky header for your homepage. A sticky bar is great for navigation as people scroll down your page, if they want to go to another page, they can still easily click on the menu. In fact, there was a study that showed that it is 22% faster to navigate and many visitors preferred a website with fixed headers.

I have a guide on how to maximize the effectiveness of your Shopify Homepage here. If your are interested, you can read it.

bar.jpg

2. You can have a bigger and outstanding CTA button and the direct heading text in the banner. It is great when you have a big image that shows right away your product is the phonecase, but to make people pay attention to your homepage, you can edit the "SHOP" button to look bigger with a brighter color, and the message like "Perfectly personalized phonecase, just for you".

cta and message.jpg

3. Consider featuring your product right on the homepage. Since you are selling just one type of product, it is important to let people know what your product is. You can place the phonecase product on the homepage with "Add to cart" and "Buy Now" button so that people can directly buy it.

Here is an example:

fd.jpg

4. Consider editing your preview button on the product page

There are many things that I like about your product pages:

- You have 3 images that showcase different angles of your phonecase and even show how it fits with the image of a hand holding the phone attached to your phonecase

- Also, you have  a color swatch element which changes the color in the product images as well so that visitor can know how your product will look like in different colors.

- You product description is clear and easy-to-follow since you use bullets and spacing to make the text look shorten and easier to read

- I like the product details image as well since it shows all the features of the phonecase

- The review section below is very great because before people make a final decision, they want to read others' comments or feedback to make sure that the product is worth buying.

But, I think there is one thing you should change is the preview button here. It the same style as the "Add to cart" button and it is shorter to the left, so it doesn't look outstanding for me to click on. You can change the style of the preview button like with a black border and text but white background color.

product.jpg

Also, you can read this guide to create a high converting product page using a page builder like PageFly.

If you find this feedback helpful, give it a like or mark it as a solution. Best of luck with your business!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
753 86 139

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see that you have received some very solid feedback so far, and I hope some of those suggestions will be considered. In terms of my own experience in the store, there are a couple of areas I'd like to emphasize as important: 

• Your branding story still needs a little work. We have some great resources on branding here. While I fully appreciate the minimalist approach, I feel a little more fleshing out of your brand would be wise! 
  • Your banner photo is pleasant, but I reckon having a couple of different scrolling images to really showcase the product would be great. 
  • Have you considered a video demonstrating the creation process for your products and the products in use? 
  • Why not have some information on the quality of the product on the landing page? For example, it is pebble grain leather and micro-fiber inner lining? You're assuming that customers will reach, or take the time to reach, your product page. This is a mistake. The landing page should be treated as your biggest pitch to your customers! And the first half of that landing page twice as important as the next half and so on. This is called Above the Fold content theory. 
  • Add some testimonials from happy customers on the landing page to add some peer approval to the store. 

How are you currently marketing the business? This may give some insight into the audience, and why they are clicking off so fast. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
545 11 151

Hi @initiali_co !

1.  Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

2. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

3. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them.

4. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes