I started my business 2-month ago. I have traffic 100-200 customers per day from Pinterest, Instagram and Fb. But there were no sales. And there were no abandoned checkouts too.
This is my store www.mr-mintz.com
Please advise what I should be doing. What changes do I need to make?
All help and guidance is appreciated.
Hi... New here. Don't know if I'm even supposed to be replying yet but, I wanted to reach out and just tell you about my experience going to your site.
- Your logo is adorable, fun and colorful
- First second after that, jumped back from the bright color of top sale banner. The color is great in your logo but the banner was alarming.
- Then I remember feeling like there are so many products with so many bright colors, that it all starts to blend together and people don't know WHAT to check out.
You may want to have your product pics look a bit more differently from each other so people have more interest in checking you/your product out more deeply. Maybe that's why you're getting traffic but not conversions. However, I'm no expert and just learning myself. I just wanted to reach out so you consider these things and do great. The community and kids need your kind of products. Good Luck!
Thank you for your opinion. This is very valuable. I want to clarify that the traffic goes to a specific product, not to the main page. For example, I have more 300 clicks on a page of pom-poms and more 300 for googly eyes. And I do not have sales of these products ((
Hi @MrMintz !
First of all, congrats on your store and welcome to the Shopify family!
1. I like your logo design, that it matches well with the overall color scheme of the store. Great job!
2. You have done a lot of work to make your store organized well and being neat.
I have some suggestions to add some functionality to your store, which will help you to get more sales.
3. Add a favicon
4. Hero banner - use the image that will speak about your brand, you can even make slides. Add CTA button as SHOP NOW
5. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, which will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.).
9. I love your product descriptions - very detailed and include keywords that are great for SEO.
10. One of the main reasons why people just visit your store and do not purchase is TRUST. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
11. Add secure payment badges.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Your store is adorable and colorful, it's well-organised. Congrats you on that!
About your problem of no conversion to sales, the feature of Interested Product by Ecomfit is your best solution.
This feature helps you send push notifications to people who visited your site but left with no purchases. By sending push notifications, it makes these visitors come back to your store to buy items that they have seen. Some attractive discount codes are included in these push notifications. The picture below is about how to create specific campaigns
Using this App, you can convert more visits into sales, recover abandoned carts (if your site has), and increase your subscribers to promote products.
I hope my suggestion helps you much.
Hi @MrMintz welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
2. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
3. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
5. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
6. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster
I hope this helps