More drops from Cart Page

Highlighted

Hi,

I am seeing more drops from Cart page. If a customer is adding product to cart then most of them would be having intention to buy. However I see many customers just drop from Cart page. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 31 66

Hey @coolnothing !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and thanks for reaching out. 

Cart or indeed checkout drop-offs can happen due to a couple of different factors. Though frustrating to see, there are things that you can do to help.

I'd first like to clarify if you are referring to the cart page specifically - based on your behavior reports, or the checkout page - based on your abandoned checkouts?

Those which arrive to the cart only can be that bit more difficult to track, as you would not have the specific details of the customer's intended purchase together in one place - for example the location they are browsing from or the items they had added to cart.

That being said, the analytics and reporting on your store can offer great insights to help you out. Using your behavior reports, you can determine where your customers are accessing your store from and aim to sway them with a discount, or by offering free shipping when purchasing from a particular location for example. I am not sure if you have implemented any of these techniques as of yet to your store? Do let me know!

If however you are referring to your abandoned checkouts specifically, then the cause could be related to the custom settings applied to your store. I suggest in this case to have a look in your abandoned checkouts (via your Admin > Orders > Abandoned checkouts), to see if this offers us some clues. In here, you can check for any similarities or patterns. If there are any failed payments, this will be flagged in order details section, by the payment gateway. I would also suggest to simulate a purchase using the details entered by the customer. This could include - the items they attempted to order (which would flag up any weight restrictions which may be in place on your store) and by using their address (which would show any shipping destination restrictions).

If you don't notice any errors here it may indeed relate to your customers having a change of heart, or general indecision. In which case I would suggest to offer a sale or discount utilising the information that you have available to you. We have some more tips to help with this here and also here

Do have a look and let me know your findings. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Thanks a lot @Katy .

Yes my issue is mostly with those which arrive to the cart only. I have moderate traffic so I monitor Google Analytics where I see many customers drop from the cart itself. 

I'll look into your suggestions and see if they change things :) .

1 Like