Moved to Shopify and would appreciate feedback...

drboonessoap
3 0 0

We started using Shopify about a month ago. And have chosen a theme and would like some feedback on design, flow and overall customer experience. Maybe some feedback on the shopping experience in general as well. I know I might be asking a lot. Anything you can do would be great.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
drboonessoap
3 0 0

Sorry, forgot the store address...

drboones.com

@drboonessoap wrote:

We started using Shopify about a month ago. And have chosen a theme and would like some feedback on design, flow and overall customer experience. Maybe some feedback on the shopping experience in general as well. I know I might be asking a lot. Anything you can do would be great.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
drboonessoap
3 0 0

@drboonessoap wrote:

Sorry, forgot the store address...

drboones.com

@drboonessoap wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Maybe this will help

http://drboones.com

0 Likes

Hey!

First of all, I would like to start by saying nicely done with the branding and product photography.

Here is my feedback:

1. Navigation bar: The navigation bar (header menu) takes up to much space on the page. You have a beautiful hero image and that should be the center of attention and not your navigation bar

2. Section 2, below the fold: Your hero section is a great introduction to the brand. You have a nice image + a very clear copy of what the product is about. At this stage when I scroll down I would love to explore your products and get to know more about the brand. Instead, I see 3 graphics that aren't consistent in design and aren't consistent with the hero section brand look. 

I would highly suggest putting the product grid section here that you have at the bottom and placing it right under the hero section.

Regarding the graphics, instead of having 3 typography graphics, I would suggest redesigning them with a product background image, dark overlay with white text so it fits with the entire website look and feels.

3. Free Shipping Section: I would suggest changing the image of a laptop to a nice product flat lay. Again this is to keep a consistent look and feel to the website and keep the focus on the product. People that just discovered your website are interested in your product and its features and benefits.

4.Website Consistency: User trust website that looks professional and consistent. Overall it looks like you have a great product! I would work on making sure the website is consistent with the fonts that you are using for header, body, button colors... Currently, on the home page, there are some large font texts in black and green that don't look consistent with the website feel.

5. Sign up form: I would highly suggest offering a 10%-15% discount for users that sign up to your newsletter. This will definitely improve opt-in rates.

6.Announcement bar: I would suggest writing your shipping offer in the announcement bar instead of talking about the flat rate. "Free Shipping on all orders over $30"

I hope this helps!

Good Luck 

Mike

Founder of Makro Agency
www.makroagency.com
0 Likes
RugLove
Excursionist
48 0 28

sorry can i ask where you got you payment icons at the footer of the home page? this is the style I need? thanks

@Michael-ch wrote:

Hey!

First of all, I would like to start by saying nicely done with the branding and product photography.

Here is my feedback:

1. Navigation bar: The navigation bar (header menu) takes up to much space on the page. You have a beautiful hero image and that should be the center of attention and not your navigation bar

2. Section 2, below the fold: Your hero section is a great introduction to the brand. You have a nice image + a very clear copy of what the product is about. At this stage when I scroll down I would love to explore your products and get to know more about the brand. Instead, I see 3 graphics that aren't consistent in design and aren't consistent with the hero section brand look. 

I would highly suggest putting the product grid section here that you have at the bottom and placing it right under the hero section.

Regarding the graphics, instead of having 3 typography graphics, I would suggest redesigning them with a product background image, dark overlay with white text so it fits with the entire website look and feels.

3. Free Shipping Section: I would suggest changing the image of a laptop to a nice product flat lay. Again this is to keep a consistent look and feel to the website and keep the focus on the product. People that just discovered your website are interested in your product and its features and benefits.

4.Website Consistency: User trust website that looks professional and consistent. Overall it looks like you have a great product! I would work on making sure the website is consistent with the fonts that you are using for header, body, button colors... Currently, on the home page, there are some large font texts in black and green that don't look consistent with the website feel.

5. Sign up form: I would highly suggest offering a 10%-15% discount for users that sign up to your newsletter. This will definitely improve opt-in rates.

6.Announcement bar: I would suggest writing your shipping offer in the announcement bar instead of talking about the flat rate. "Free Shipping on all orders over $30"

I hope this helps!

Good Luck 

Mike

0 Likes

You have a great store and it is well designed. Really like the about us page and why you started the store. I don't have much in the way off feedback on how to make it convert more but here are some ideas:

1. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Soap Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

2. Continue to add and get more customer reviews for the site. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes

@RugLove 

This is a feature you can enable on Free Shopify themes as well as some premium themes

Take a look at this quick guide: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-add-credit-card-icons

Mike

@RugLove wrote:

sorry can i ask where you got you payment icons at the footer of the home page? this is the style I need? thanks

@Michael-ch wrote:

Hey!

Here is my feedback:

I hope this helps!

Good Luck 

Mike

Founder of Makro Agency
www.makroagency.com
0 Likes