Moving from Squarespace to Shopify. Looking for basic layout feedback.

DASkinner
Excursionist
34 0 6

Here's my store: https://skinner-jeans.myshopify.com/

I'm a custom denim tailor. I'm in the middle of moving my shop from Squarespace to Shopify. I don't have my full catalog loaded into the store yet, but I'm looking for basic design/layout feedback. Does it feel easy to navigate and cohesive?

Any feedback, good or bad, is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @DASkinner ! You've come up with a great store! Here's what I'd like to add on to the trial - 

1. In your product pages, you need to add customer feedbacks and review options! Customers love to drop a review and it adds authenticity to your store! 

2. If you're selling masks, then you don't need to add such a big image! Instead, you can wear the mask and get the pic clicked. It looks good that way! 

3. You can also add effects like, whenever I open your store, I should get an option to spin a wheel where I can grab an assured discount. This way you'll be able to capture emails from customers! 

Next, you need to plan on your selling strategy! There are around 60+ global marketplaces where you can start selling your merchandise! With such a great store, it's time for you to take your game to next level! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations! 

We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning out sales/marketing/social media strategy! 

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey!

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
476 46 157

Hi @DASkinner,  

Just take a look at your store and your products are great in my opinion. 

Here is my view about the store:

- Change the favicon. The Shopify icon is not suitable. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1599638608514.png

- Add a section that shows your products like collections or featured products on your homepage. 

- I don't see the collection tab on the menu, I think it's essential. 

- I think this description moves to below the add to cart and buy now buttons. And do you think it's too long?

ConveyLego0612_1-1599639553678.png

- Have seen your Instagram, and it's amazing and has so many beautiful and inspiring photos. So why don't try to create an Instagram gallery to show those images. 

You can check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery if you want to create one. It's very affordable and user-friendly. 

- Do you try to have some discount events like using discount popups and referral events? 

- I think you need to have more jean styles as soon as possible. Only two are not enough. 

Hope it helps!

In the end, your products are good because those are handmade, and it's definitely your unique selling point. 

Happy selling,

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 73 131

Hi @DASkinner,

Hyde here from Shopify. Welcome to the platform!

You've done a fantastic job on your site. I love the parallax effect on it, which gives it flow and consistency (a base background while the customer scrolls). The imagery is sharp and textured, and I love that you've injected your story and personality into it all.

You've clearly got a great intuition for branding because personalizing the brand is one advantage that smaller businesses have over big corporate brands. Customers still want to feel like they're dealing with a real human being, and ultimately a product without human touch, and a story, is often going to struggle in the marketplace.

My advice would be to keep going with that instinct: create an "About Us" page. You could even add a link to your How We Got Here section to lead customers to that page:

20-09-o8h6x-6osh1

And what if you were to eventually include a video too? Take Naadam's About Us page as an example.

You might want to consider investing in some product photography. I'm not sure that the current photo(s) do your wonderful product justice:

20-09-5ottr-hph4q

We've actually got a fantastic free guide on how to do it yourself on a little-to-no budget right here.

Out of pure personal curiosity: Will you be sticking to masks and jeans? Or are you tempted to diversify further in the future? Biker patches? Airsoft patches? Schoolbag patches? Denim skirts or jackets? Also, would you consider offering customers the option to customize/personalize their product? You could do that through the use of an app like this one, for example.

Finally, when I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser:

Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

You can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon.

I hope this all helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi @DASkinner !

Welcome to Shopify community! 

I'd say that you did a great job in designing the website! However, there are still a lot of contents that you still need / consider adding. For instance, you should add FAQ, Shipping policy, product review page, etc. And for the header, you should change the arrangement to Home then Shop then Contact Us. You can also consider on adding some product pictures or banner in the home page, to give customers a better picture on the variety of products you sell. Also, you should start implementing some marketing strategies to create more brand exposure too such as influencer marketing, referral program, etc. Aside from exposing your brand, this is also a good way to understand how people would use your product and think about your products as they post pictures with it and comment on it. 

Moreover, I would like to introduce you to another marketing mix called retargeting campaign. Later on when your store have reached your an amount of audience you should consider set up retargeting campaigns to efficiently boost up sales. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informations they viewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5.  

I hope this helps you and let me know if this is an acceptable solution  

0 Likes