My Store Feedback

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello! I just launched my website last night.

I would love your feed back on my site.

and also if you could give me tips on marketing, I'd really appreciate it!

www.megsmasks.com

Thank you!

meg

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hey there, @MegT

Congratulations on the launch! That’s really exciting! Now let's see what we can do your store. 

First of all, I have to talk about your hero image. Meg, I applaud you - seriously. You have a high quality hero image of your product. If I could give you a high-five, I would.

Alright, I had to get that out of my system. Back to your store.

Homepage
Like I said earlier, I really like that you have a great mask image as a hero image. The subtle branding is perfect. 

• Text: There’s too much text on the image. Cut the subtext and keep just “Masks You’ll Want to Wear.”  It gets straight to the point. 
  • Font color: I wouldn’t use white - it just blends into the background. Play around with it a bit. 
  • CTA: Change the color of your CTA and make it a larger font. You want it to stand out more than it is right now. 

Your homepage needs heatmaps to see where people click and scroll. You have collections, but it doesn’t make complete sense. For example, why only pick pink and blue for colors? What do your visitors click on? Do they scroll or do they use your main navigation?

Also, take out the carousel of your “office” and such. It’s not adding value to your page and may be taking value away from it. It just doesn’t belong on a homepage. People aren’t coming to you for masks because they’re homemade. They’re coming to you because they want masks that aren’t boring. 

Navigation/Product Pages
I’m a little confused by your navigation here. What is the difference between Shop and the All Styles drop-down under Collections? It goes to the same page. I would take out Shop as an option. 

Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to watch how people navigate across your store. What’s their journey look like?

For your collections, I would add in more filters. They’re all the same price, so that isn’t necessary (unless you plan on running sales in the near future). I would add in color, fabric, pattern, availability, etc. Make it easier for them to find a product. 

For product pages, I would add two things:

1. Give the dimensions of the face mask so people can see how it fits on their own face. 
  2. shipping costs on the page - That’s a popular reason why people walk away from a sale. They don’t like surprises at all.

Contact/Communication

• Contact page: Take out the phone number field in the contact form - it’s not going to encourage people to complete the form. Also, add in an email address for people who want to email you directly. 
  • Chat: Live chat will really help your customer service end of the business. It’ll be a button in the corner that lets your customers chat with you to get questions answers while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to ask THEM to chat if they meet certain criteria, like didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to the cart. 

You really do have a great website here, Meg. Visitor behavior is going to really make a huge difference. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps, Meg. Good luck! 

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
217 17 82

Hey @MegT 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your website and looks super pretty. I also liked the masks, and that it's not just a responsibility but wear it as a fashion statement too.

Tip: I suggest you try adding some kind of stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. Also having some more trending or sale products in Home page will quickly grab customers attention. This will help you to grab customer attention & nudge faster purchase decisions

Try out this and let me know if you want any further help, I'm always happy to help.

Fayaz

PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 26 100

Hello @MegT,

Congratulations on your store. It's looking flawless. Awesome collection! Just a few suggestions for improvement.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

2. Get some good reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

3.  Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like Contact Us, About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.

4. Add store address or email id in the Contact Us for better customer interaction.

5. Add social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, for the store to increase the traffic. Social media is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you very much for taking time to review my website!

I did take some of your advice and made some changes to my website.

Looks lot cleaner and simpler and I like it!

Thank you again and have a nice day!

0 Likes