My Traffic is Super High, My conversions are super low! HELP!!

My traffic is pretty high on my online store, and while we do get a lot of sales, our conversions are still much lower than even the industry standard. I have attached a few screen shots of my analytics from the first 2 weeks in March. I need a few ideas of what to do my website to increase the conversions. My Store website is Runway Curls . Helppppp!!!

Our Traffic from first 2 weeks in March.Our Traffic from first 2 weeks in March.Our Conversions. EhhhhhhhhhhhOur Conversions. Ehhhhhhhhhhh

Thank you in advance to any help and any input from anybody.  Cheers!!

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @RunwayCurls,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

On your website, when you click a product, your navigation menu completely disappears. You also have a payment plan option but there looks to be a few issues with it. It's repeating the same options and the money down is most costly than the product itself.

runway-01.png

Your store navigation is quite confusing. You have several things going on - custom wigs, courses, bundles. I would work on your dropdowns to make sure you are separating your offers. Bundles should have it's own tab and collection, so should custom wigs and courses as well. Courses especially should be separate from your custom products and bundles. There are a few links in there I would move as well, the payment plan link would be better suited in the footer area.

runway-navigation.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you are including the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO: 

Two minor things I'll mention:

1. Your website gets rid of the scroll bar. Without it, there's no sense of how long the page is. Some people will use the scrollbar instead of their mouse so I'd recommend adding it back.

2. Your website is missing a Favicon. It's really easy to add, we show you how to do that here:

There is a lot more to unpack but I will leave it at that for now. If you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Have you taken a look at your Google Analytics to see what your average page time and bounce rates are? The first thing I noticed was how much the page is trying to load when I first navigated to it, I think there's lots of room for optimization in your image sizes, file types, and backend code.

Looking at your page speed scores you have some of the worst I've ever seen at 11 for mobile and 23 for desktop. https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.runwaycurls.com%2F&tab...

My guess is that the majority of your traffic is landing on the site and hitting the back button because they don't want to wait more than a few seconds for the page to load.

KyleFlexverk_0-1616018292234.png

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
JerryLuu
Shopify Partner
11 1 4

Hi @RunwayCurls,

I hope you are doing well!

My name is Jerry and I am from HappyPoints, an agency that's specified for Shopify development.

From a view of data-driven marketing, I think the first place where you should start investigating is your traffic. This including your traffic source, medium and the most important thing is user behavior flow. However, before getting into it, I have found that your site has different tracking codes. On your site, I have found 2 different tracking IDs from both Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. This is not a good implementation as you need to keep your data-centric. Try to remove unused tracking codes if you can.

In order to investigate your user behavior flow, please go to your Google Analytics account. On the left panel, go to Behavior > Behavor Flow. From there, you will see a report of how your users navigate through your site. With the report, you can identify what are the starting pages and where your users drop off the most (have a look at the image below for more details). By identifying pages that have high drop-off rates, you can know what pages you should optimize for a better conversion rate as well as enhance your user flow.

Screenshot - 2021-03-19T112413.009.png

The process of optimizing conversion rate is a long term strategy, therefore it may take time and effort. But don't worry, you can check out our blog for tips and strategies to improve your conversion rate here. You also can have a look at this article, in which we have talked about the top 10 conversion killers and how to fix them.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Jerry

HappyPoints | Shopify Tasks & Theme Tweaks
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To request a Shopify task, visit happypoints.io

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was super helpful. I would definitely like a 1 on 1 session. Where are the prices and how do we move forward?

0 Likes

Oh my!

Thank you for that analysis. It was shocking? Does your company assist in implementing the solutions suggested by that analysis?

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @RunwayCurls,

I sent you a private message.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
JerryLuu
Shopify Partner
11 1 4

Hi @RunwayCurls,

The mentioned analysis above is an example of our report (for illustration purpose). To see your report, you will need to go to your Google Analytics and follow my provided navigational path to access this report.

Regarding your concern about implementing solutions suggested by analysing, I have sent you a private message so we can talk for further details. Please check your inbox.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jerry

HappyPoints | Shopify Tasks & Theme Tweaks
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To request a Shopify task, visit happypoints.io
0 Likes