My first store, I would love to hear and apply tips.

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi everyone, I recently opened my first store and I would love to hear what you guys think, I am open to tips notes and possibilities to improve the store.

This is the shop (:  www.greendaylight.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 20 33

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Congrats on the new store, you've done some really great work on it so far! There are only a couple of things I would like to suggest: 

- Delay the popup that appears when someone visits your site. You should try to give your customers a chance to browse your store, and find out what you're about before asking them to signup for a newsletter. Think about it, would you sign up to a newsletter without knowing what you're signing up for? You also appear to have two popups for signups, I reckon one will do the trick. 

- Some reviews/testimonials on the site would really help your customers feel at ease with purchasing from the store. It has been proven that peer reviews are an important factor in whether someone purchases from a store or not. 

- A practical blog, demonstrating the wares would be amazing on this site. Maybe some video content showing the gear in a camping situation? I think it would give this site an air of legitimacy that would have people clamoring to buy the products. 

What is the marketing strategy for the business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Excursionist
180 9 27

Hi @arad314 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

0 Likes