My first store

noted_designs
Tourist
6 0 1

Please give me advice on my first store.

https://www.notedbyta.com/

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 81 169

Hey, @noted_designs 

Congratulations on launching your first store. I got to say, it looks very professional and trustworthy. You've done a spectacular job with your product photography and the store is easy enough to navigate.

One thing I would suggest is making it easier for your customers to know about shipping and delivery times for your products. There's actually a great way to do this by utilizing the 'Vendor' field in your products to display a shipping message such as 'Shipping: 5-10 Business Days'. Below I've created a brief guide to show you how to do it and how it looks:

Vendor-Shipping-Info.gif

The code used is:

<p style="color:red"> <b> Shipping: 5-10 Business Days </b></p>

Secondly, if sales are what you're struggling with, I cannot recommend this guide here that covers various ways you can make your first sale in 30 days! 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @noted_designs!  

Your store initially has a great vibe. The homepage is fairly short and sweet. If you use a heatmap, you’ll be able to see how people navigate around your store and move to your product pages. It would be interesting to see if they click on your main navigation or your products featured on the homepage.

A few things:

• Instead of “featured” products, I would call it “Trending” products or “Best-sellers.” Calling something “featured” only shows what you want them to see, whereas “Trending” or “Best-Selling” would indicate what other customers are wanting.
  • Be mindful of the CTA on the hero image. The black doesn’t really stand out, so I would suggest trying different color combinations to see what works better with your visitors.
  • I would crop the image of the woman with the NOTED shirt lower on the page so that isn’t not as vertical. The size makes it stand out and forces more scrolling.
  • Make sure there are filters for things like color, rating, style, price, etc. to help people find their products. 
  • When your site moves to a drop-down, evaluate each page with a heatmap. Not every page needs to be featured on the main navigation, and that will help you evaluate what should stay up there or live solely in the footer. 

I have some major concerns/red flags though.

Main Navigation/Collections: Most of your collections are great, like Tees, Sweatshirts, Hoodies and Accessories. I’m onboard with those. However, Women’s and Men’s is where I raise an eyebrow. 

• Men’s seems like a repeat of the repeat of the collection, which would indicate it’s not really necessary. 
  • Women’s has random dresses in it. It stands out like a sore thumb. It feels so random compared to the rest, which share an overall theme. These dresses don’t fit with the rest.
  • Is a Men’s and Women’s collection really needed? Use heatmaps to see where people click, and run a poll on your site to see if there is interest in gender-specific clothing or a unisex collection. If your audience prefers unisex, you can take our Men’s and Women’s to focus on your Tees, Sweatshirts, etc.

Changing style: Is there any reason why you don’t want to feature the orange header on your homepage? Leaving the homepage, the whole design of the page changes and makes it feels like I’ve left the store as a whole. Test more consistency to see how that impacts your audience and conversions.   

Missing information/product page layout: For reference, I’m looking at the 3/4 sleeve striped swing dress / hidden pockets (new) product page. This page layout isn’t helping your visitors. The images don’t share a similar dimensions or size, so one is larger and sticks out more than the other. Only seeing two large images forces someone to place an order without looking directly at the product. That may sound like a small deal, but some visitors do better when they see the product as they place the order.

A more traditional layout with the image on the left with the ordering information and details on the right. 

There is missing information here though - the sizing chart. If you sell clothes, a sizing chart is non-negotiable. It helps your visitors find that perfect product, reduces returns and helps improve conversions. 

Tip: Visitors don’t like surprises in the checkout, especially when it comes to shipping costs. Try to avoid leaving shipping costs to the checkout if at all possible. 

If I had to sum up everything:

• Keep an eye on consistency, whether it’s clothing selections or page design. Use visitor behavior - primarily heatmaps or recordings - to understand how it impacts your visitors.
  • Consider removing the Men’s and Women’s collections since they aren’t necessary in finding products
  • Run a poll to find out more about your visitors; it can help you refine your products, inventory and details for them
  • Don’t forget the important details, like a sizing chart and estimated shipping costs

You really have a great foundation for a store here, and I can’t wait to see how it evolves. Visitor behavior is going to give you that extra OOMPH that will help you understand what your visitors experience and what’s stopped them from becoming customers. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @noted_designs !

Welcome to Shopify!

Make a hero banner smaller and change the image. Choose the one that will resonate with your brand and represent it.

Make your product image smaller. 

Add a favicon

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
noted_designs
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much for your advice. This really helps. I just need to learn how to add a favicon and plug in the reviews.

Noted

0 Likes
noted_designs
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you, Danny. I have changed a few things I knew how to and I appreciate all of your input. This is very helpful.

Noted

0 Likes
ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
471 46 157

Hi @noted_designs

Congratulations on your first store! It's great.

You are offering your customers many product options. This is good. 

Here some of my suggestions to help you improve your store:

- First, you need to have your own logo. 

- It would be great if you can add Quickview buttons on your products. Those buttons can allow your customers to see more product details faster, so maybe they can decide to buy. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602034943980.png

- I see your Instagram account and it has many good contents, so you can try to have an Instagram for your store to show the Insta content. 

You can add a gallery down there. Check out this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable.  

ConveyLego0612_1-1602035438455.png

- On your product pages, maybe your product photos are too big. You can narrow them down to have more space for other sections. 

- When I scroll down, I cannot see any parts to come back to the homepage or other pages and have to scroll up to do that. So I think you need to have a sticky menu or a sticky menu icon. 

- You can move the review part to the right side. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1602036112003.png

- Maybe you can consider adding live chat support to have better customer service in the future. 

Except for those things, I think you're doing great. You can upgrade your store by seeing some other stores. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes