My new oniine store- feedback needed

Solved
UZEssentials89
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

I have launched a new online store ( a week ago) but I have not received many sales.

I have received traffic. 172 followers on Facebook and 153 likes on a post on Instagram but the traffic is not converting to sales.

If anyone can have a look at my website and give feedback, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Pathfinder
124 11 50

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @UZEssentials89 

Congratulations on your new store! I must say, it looks very neat. 

If your main problem is that people are not converting, don't worry too much, cause you are not the only one facing this issue. this is actually quite common. Also, these conversions take time. But to increase your chances of a click converting to a sale, here is an article that might be really helpful: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting? 

To generate more traffic on your website, an idea that works is leaving a review form. It doesn't have to be big, just a rating on how the customers like your store. This will generate word of mouth (if a customer sees that 50 other people have rated your products as excellent, they will tend to buy from you)

My first observation is the way your captions have been placed inside your photos. the images are too small to get a clearer look at the product, and the big white block of text makes it harder to understand what it is. I would suggest making the image a little larger and also placing the caption underneath the picture, not on top of it. 

The second observation would be to give a light background colour to you page. White seems very bland, and may not keep the customer's attention for very long. Finally, The captions are too big, so it may not attract the customer's attention for too long. Try to stick to using only keywords which will not only attract people to read, but also to buy. 

Hope this helped! if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!

Thank you!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
UZEssentials89
Tourist
6 0 2
Thank you for your help. I am going to make all the changes you have
advised. Hopefully, a good website design and marketing strategy will do
the trick.
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Pathfinder
124 11 50

You're welcome! I'm glad this came of use to you!  

Cutoutwiz
0 Likes

Hey @UZEssentials89,

Congratulations on launching your store!

I took a look at your store on both my phone and my desktop computer. Look great on mobile! There are some issues with the desktop version, here is how it looks on my screen:

uz-banner.png

Moving onto your products.

As you know, beauty is a very saturated market. When I'm looking at say your Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream for example, eye cream is something that is something I see in every big box store I go to, there are also lots of high-end options available. When I'm considering your product I am looking for things like before and after photos, customer reviews, social media raves that says this is the one to choose. I'd recommend asking happy customers to leave reviews and I'd dig into social media and start a buzz around your products. By the way, your social icon links lead to broken pages.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
UZEssentials89
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you for your advise. I will implement this on my website and correct the errors. I realise I need to work more on the social media and the products I have to offer.

ConveyLego0612
Shopify Partner
469 46 154

Hi @UZEssentials89

Congratulations on your new online store!

I have some suggestions for your site:

- On your banners (slideshow), the navigation buttons at the bottom are quite hard to see and click, so I think you should add arrows like this image. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1606442749566.png

- Two many texts here, just a half is enough. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1606442862689.png

- Cannot see your Instagram account, but if you have one, you can create an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery, it will help you create an amazing shoppable gallery with ease. 

- On your product pages, you should add:

+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar because your product pages are too long

+ The Quantity section 

+ More Upsell and Cross-sell buttons. For example, Product Bundles. 

- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates with ease. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2370 140 426

Hello @UZEssentials89, I hope you are doing good! here are a few suggestions:

• The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
  • For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow/ share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews, and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention. You should start using the customer timeline feature to track customer journey right from the sign up till each and every activity like when the customer has last visited your store, Email opened, push received, products purchased, etc. This will help you to take action by knowing their behavior accordingly. You can add web push notifications, it will help in retargeting your customers. 
  • Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
UZEssentials89
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi,

I am in the process of improving my website. However, I am unable to enlargen the product pictures on the home page and in general. My theme is impulse, may you advise me .

@CutOutWiz wrote:

Hello @UZEssentials89 

Congratulations on your new store! I must say, it looks very neat. 

If your main problem is that people are not converting, don't worry too much, cause you are not the only one facing this issue. this is actually quite common. Also, these conversions take time. But to increase your chances of a click converting to a sale, here is an article that might be really helpful: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting? 

To generate more traffic on your website, an idea that works is leaving a review form. It doesn't have to be big, just a rating on how the customers like your store. This will generate word of mouth (if a customer sees that 50 other people have rated your products as excellent, they will tend to buy from you)

My first observation is the way your captions have been placed inside your photos. the images are too small to get a clearer look at the product, and the big white block of text makes it harder to understand what it is. I would suggest making the image a little larger and also placing the caption underneath the picture, not on top of it. 

The second observation would be to give a light background colour to you page. White seems very bland, and may not keep the customer's attention for very long. Finally, The captions are too big, so it may not attract the customer's attention for too long. Try to stick to using only keywords which will not only attract people to read, but also to buy. 

Hope this helped! if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out!

Thank you!

Kind regards 

UZ Essentials 

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Pathfinder
124 11 50

Hello Again @UZEssentials89 

So glad to know you are working to improve your website. I would like to take a look at it to see what the problem might be. However, the link is not working anymore. Maybe you changed something? Please let me know the new link 

Thank you! 

Cutoutwiz
0 Likes