My shop

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone ,

Can anyone give me some honest feedback on my store?

www.evolescent.co.uk

I launched it 2 weeks ago, so far no orders. I must have done something bad and I need to repair it. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
247 9 73

Hey there @Evolescent , here's what I'd like to suggest - 

1. When I'm at your homepage, I see there's a lot of space being occupied by an image that's behind the new launch sale! You can shift the image downright below your menu. It'll look good that way! 

2. When I move my cursor to the image, they just get blurred. When you have lots of images to showcase, it's suggested to show some images as soon as I move my cursor to the image! 

3. When I'm at your product pages, I sense the images are quite big! Try and reduce their size and keep maintain proper dimensions! Some images don't need to be so large - 

cats.jpg

You can reduce their size and it'll look more decent and we don't have to scroll down just for the sake of images to go up! 

4. You don't have social media icons and customer review options! Don't do that. Customer reviews add authenticity to your store. 

After you're done doing the things, you can try to be active on social media and start selling your products to marketplaces like - Amazon | eBay and 60+ alike marketplaces globally! Trust me, this gives more returns than running ads again and again! 

We are just a month away from celebrating 2020's most awaited festivals. We have compiled a list of 23 checkpoints that you can apply to your store during this festive season to make sure that your Shopify store is ready to welcome online shoppers during the festive time of the year!

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! We are just a message away. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Evolescent 

Congratulation on setting up your shop and here are my few thoughts about how to improve it in the future:

1. The slideshow in your home page seems to be not autoplay able. Please pick a time for it to rotate to a new slide to create a proffessional experience and also make it easier for customers to catch latest news from your site through the slide.

2. Make the button to change the slide a bit bigger so that it easier for customers to switch to the slide they want to read more.

PageFly_0-1603416826064.png

3. There are a lots of blank space on both left and right side of the slide which make it unconfortable to see the Evolescent text to appear on the face of the model. Try to move it to a new position and deliver more short information.

PageFly_1-1603417096982.png 

4. Good job on making the slide out menu on the top left corner and the bell icon for subscription on the bottom left screen. However you can improve it by making the bell icon auto pops out in case people don't even click on it or just ignore it since the bell is a bit small to notice and there is no description about what the bell's function as some people might not know.

5. The " new in" message sound informal and confusing for people like me. I think what you are trying to say is "new arrivals", maybe consider changing the message to avoid any confusion if you ever run into customers like me.

6. Adding an on-site testimonial and a Google map location for your store is a way to increase trust with your customers and it may generate even more sale when you make them become your loyal customers.

I hope the points above can help you out in the future and if you like my ideas, give me a thumb up ok.

All the best!

Victor.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 16 202

Hi @Evolescent !

Hero banner - your text is on the top of the image. 

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1415 71 240

Hello @Evolescent, here is the feedback about your store & improvements that you need to do:-

1. About the homepage:-

- Create a drop-down menu in the header. Shift the header menu to the top instead of putting them at the bottom of the slider images. 

- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List  
  • New arrivals, Bestsellers
  • Testimonials
  •  Newsletter sign up box
  • Instagram Feed

2. On the product page, give some space after every product and below and above every product. Currently, it is looking cluttered. Make it much clean and clear. Add the 'view' button on the product, add to cart & wishlist button with the price.

3. Some customer engagement tools that you should add which will help you to convert the visitors into paying customers:-

• Set up a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
  • Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
  • Set up web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.
  • Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes