My site plummeted in Google after migrating to Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

image.png

I switched over to Shopify in December 2018 from a homemade site. The uptick you see here in June-July represents hundreds of hours fixing broken links and doing a lot of stuff that was supposed to help, but still Google searches are not finding me. I used to rank 1-3 on most searches applicable to my products, but now in Shopify, I'm not even on the first page anymore.

My site: https://www.naturalmagickshop.com/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pip777

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @pip777 

This would suck. Hopefully everything can work out soon. I'd reach out to Maggie at @Rockpapercopy  She might be able to help you with this. 

Cheers 
Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1503 93 331

Hey Naturalmagickshop,

Improving your page loading speed, Optimizing your images, Writing great content optimized for SEO and Optimizing for voice search are some of the ways you can try to improve your google search ranking. Apart from that, Store layout also plays a major role in Google search ranking. So, the below-mentioned pointers can surely help you in store optimization:

1. Though the logo design is quite catchy, but still, it needs to be somehow small in size.
  2. Discounts should be offered to improve customer engagement and belief.
  3. Customer reviews should be added below products for a better customer choice.
  4. A newsletter should be added.
  5. Instagram images should be added to the store for better brand promotion.
  6.  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

Hope your store once again reaches the top not only in terms of Google search but, sales and conversions as well.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Your images do not have alt tags...

you have too many canonicalized pages and 301 redirects... these are not a great deal for SEO but its still a deal indirectly. 

you don't have a structured data set up on any of your pages.

but a good niche so far... ;) 

Do you still have questions? => Click Here

Please do not forget to Like / Accept the solution provided.

0 Likes