My store has 100 "reached checkout"'s but ZERO sales.HELP.

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello! 

my website is www.inferno-technologies.com

Ive been running a few ads to the website (customers land on the product page). Yesterday the convetion rate was .3% and today just under 100 people reached checkout, but nobody completed their purchase. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix my convertion rate? 

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

There is no price for the product until you click a color, and although it says Free Worldwide Shipping, below price it says Shipping calculated at checkout.

Very minimal descriptions, not very enticing for a instant purchase.

Store does not look very trustworthy or "legit". Need to fix the colors, create more than just a Home and Catalog section. 

Gary Gill
Syntech Digital
contact@syntechdigital.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 28 131

Hi @user346 , 

I took a look at your site, and I am eager to write a feedback for you, because of two reasons: 

1) One item stores are specific and need a different approach than catalog sites

2) I believe in your product 

Sadly, just by changing little details in the design, it is not possible to increase sales rate significantly. 

I thought I will give you some pieces of advice Site-wise and target audience-wise. 

As for the site, 

• I respect how you chose two colors from the same color family, that also looks like flame. 
  • I recommend replacing the Catalog section, since you only sell one item and it can be bought directly from your homepage. Instead, replace it with about us section and put a link of Order Tracking section if you have one. 
  • On the footer menu, remove the sign "Quick links". It is not bringing you any value. 
  • To be honest, at first I did not see anything specific in your product (I am not a smoker and I know little about lighters) HOWEVER, once I went on your Instagram account and saw a tagged video (the one below), I fell in love. The flame almost looks like a "Light saver" and I felt the urge to get it. I highly recommend filming a nice video of it and putting it on a product page or even placing it  as a hero banner, to attract customers attention right away. Besides, you can display your Instagram gallery on your site. 
  • I see that you offer only one method of payment (maybe more depending on the device), maybe set up PayPal as well. 
  • There are more activities needed on your site. Social engagement will do a great favor for you. Our app- Growave offers Social Login, Rewards, Reviews, Instagram, Notifications +5 more features. We offer a free trial as well, so that you get to play around with it. 

Customers

• Customers

The biggest reason of bounce is that visitors are not sure if they want to get that item, or they do need that item at all.

In your case, I would recommend driving more targetted traffic. For that you have to know where your potential audience is "located".

I suggest working in partnerships with other companies that sell complementary items or services. I see that you work in collaboration with Jobon, however I did not find your lighters featured on their site.

If have not worked in that direction yet, here is a template offered by Shopify to help create a business plan https://www.shopify.com/blog/business-plan-template

Hopefully I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post and marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1735 110 377

Hey Inferno-Technologies,

The sales and conversion rate of any site is highly dependent upon the store look and maintenence which is the major deciding factor.  Talking about your store, it lags certain features which can definitely drive away the visitors from your store leading to poor conversion rate. Following points need to be considered for store improvement:

1. I would love to see an account login/sign-in system which is a must for ecommerce.
  2. Login, when added, should be placed beside the cart and search bar for a more logical store look.
  3. More social links need to be added apart from Instagram for better customer connectivity.
  4.  All footer links need to be arranged vertically for better alignment and orientation.
  5. You need to add some more products of the similar sort to your store for improving store variety and grabbing better customer traffic.
  6. Once the product count of the store gets increased, you need to add bestsellers to it for depicting site peculiarity.
  7. The newsletter should be shifted to the footer instead as it occupies a lot of space.
  8. Instagram images and testimonials need to be added near the footer for better brand promotion.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the conversion rate of the store improves very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1053 52 157

Hey @user346 

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

Start using a loyalty program and referral program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.

If you want to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 2 1

Hi User346,

I really like your lighters, such great color choices too! One of the things I would suggest is that you offer some buy now, pay later options for customers on your website.  I work for Klarna and it allows them to split up their payments with no interest and its helping increase conversions by 44% and increase average order value. Here is a little more information about how it works. 

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this can help you some!

Samantha

0 Likes