My store is flunking big time

Highlighted
1 0 0

My first store: hardrockhealth.com is supposedly in the top 12% of traffic with stores that opened in the same time frame

my other store: cooltoolz.net is in the top 2% in traffic, yet I don’t have a single sale. 50 products on one store and almost 500 on the other. Traffic is supposedly not the problem unless my traffic is from bots? Please give me a harsh review. The past couple months (or more) ha e been driving me nuts. Help me friends 😩

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Ok, take this with a grain of salt because my one week old store has no sales either. But for me it is kinda alarming when everything is on big time sale. Also I go to collections and the first three are different variations on Best Sellers with different numbers of products. That's confusing to me. Best of luck to you!

Benjamin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey 13 Big Boat,

"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being "improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:

• "About Us" section in "Hardrock Health" is empty.  Add images and a brief description to encourage store familiarity.
  • An "interactive newsletter" should be added to the "cooltoolz.net" homepage to keep customers informed regarding latest discounts and promotional updates.
  • For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @13bigboat 

Both of your sites are quite dynamic and informative. It feels quite professional and user-friendly. I think one staple thing you have to do is targeted ads. That will do most of the job. When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why, I advise working partnership with other companies that sell complimentary products or services.

Clearly, before you splurge on all the above, your site needs to have all the essentials to it. 

Here a couple of things  I have noticed when browsing around: 

1) If one person is interested in your product, he/she for sure has friends that will also like it. Use a referral program to motivate your customers share the product with friends and get discounts for that. A person will most likely purchase something that has been suggested bu a friend:) 

2) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

3)I see that you have a great Instagram account and a lot of people tag you on their posts. I recommend creating a gallery on your homepage, product page or a testimonials page based on your hashtag. 

It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa, and create great social proof.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @13bigboat 

I had a look at both your websites. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations, common for both websites:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you. (especially for hard rock)
  2. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They have different backgrounds. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional.
  3. You should add as much detail as possible for the products. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert. I noticed especially for products on cooltoolz, have only 1 image. You should add multiple images - which shows the product close up, inside etc. This is the only interaction users will have it, they can’t touch it and see, so be sure to add as many details as possible. 
  4. Add an about us page. Again, this adds a human touch to your store experience. And if you make it a story that people can relate to, it forms an emotional connection between your brand and the customers. Tell people about who the team is (or who you are), add photos and make it friendly.
  5. Create your social media pages - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. These are essential for building any brand and trust for users. Once they land on your website, people will be checking around for your social media. Be sure to put up some amount of posts there as well. 
  6. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  7. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  8. Add some information about shipping. Shipping pages are some of the most read pages on a website. How much time, shipping charges, etc. all of these details should be provided to the users. Polish the one on “hardrock” and add one on “cooltoolz”
  9. Lastly, testimonials are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.

How are you sending traffic to your website? What kind of targeting are you using? I think you should do an audit of that data.

It has to be either the quality of traffic or the quality of your website experience which is the bottleneck. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!

I hope this helps. Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

Hey there  

Homepage: It’s pretty busy. I request you to use use heatmaps to see where people click and scroll on your page. This will help you to understand exactly what people are looking for and you can eliminate the stuff that people do not click from your homepage. 

2. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.

3. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.

4. Maybe remove so many products from your homepage and add collection section instead which shows the types of products you carry (shows a broader range). And if you want to show a product on your homepage consider adding a section of Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Write beautiful copy like you would see in a magazine that is trying to sell you a product. 

5. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top

6. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.

7. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started. 

8. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below. 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful. 

Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate

Ultimate Sales Boost 

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
0 Likes