My first store: hardrockhealth.com is supposedly in the top 12% of traffic with stores that opened in the same time frame
my other store: cooltoolz.net is in the top 2% in traffic, yet I don’t have a single sale. 50 products on one store and almost 500 on the other. Traffic is supposedly not the problem unless my traffic is from bots? Please give me a harsh review. The past couple months (or more) ha e been driving me nuts. Help me friends 😩
Ok, take this with a grain of salt because my one week old store has no sales either. But for me it is kinda alarming when everything is on big time sale. Also I go to collections and the first three are different variations on Best Sellers with different numbers of products. That's confusing to me. Best of luck to you!
Hey 13 Big Boat,
"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being "improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:
All the best!
Both of your sites are quite dynamic and informative. It feels quite professional and user-friendly. I think one staple thing you have to do is targeted ads. That will do most of the job. When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why, I advise working partnership with other companies that sell complimentary products or services.
Clearly, before you splurge on all the above, your site needs to have all the essentials to it.
Here a couple of things I have noticed when browsing around:
1) If one person is interested in your product, he/she for sure has friends that will also like it. Use a referral program to motivate your customers share the product with friends and get discounts for that. A person will most likely purchase something that has been suggested bu a friend:)
2) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
3)I see that you have a great Instagram account and a lot of people tag you on their posts. I recommend creating a gallery on your homepage, product page or a testimonials page based on your hashtag.
It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa, and create great social proof.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
I had a look at both your websites. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations, common for both websites:
That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.
How are you sending traffic to your website? What kind of targeting are you using? I think you should do an audit of that data.
It has to be either the quality of traffic or the quality of your website experience which is the bottleneck. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!
I hope this helps. Cheers.
Hey there 13bigboat,
I hope you're doing well.
I must say I understand that the situation you're in right now must be difficult for you, but we are here to help you out of the problems you are facing and help you reach your desired destination. Your store design and products look really great and you are definitely headed in the right direction design wise. But with a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired destination in no time.
I have a few recommendations for you. I hope my insights will be of help to you.
1. Homepage: It’s pretty busy. I request you to use use heatmaps to see where people click and scroll on your page. This will help you to understand exactly what people are looking for and you can eliminate the stuff that people do not click from your homepage.
2. Hero images: Stick to one rather than the rotating carousel. It’s going by so fast that if I think I may be interested, it’s gone. Carousels /sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders.
3. You must use live chat. There’s no way around it. If people have questions, they need it answered while they are still on your site. You can set up auto invites to trigger when certain criteria is met.
4. Maybe remove so many products from your homepage and add collection section instead which shows the types of products you carry (shows a broader range). And if you want to show a product on your homepage consider adding a section of Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great. Write beautiful copy like you would see in a magazine that is trying to sell you a product.
5. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
6. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.
7. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
8. Lastly, as per my opinion, you need to create a some urgency and social proof on your store. And I sincerely think you need to add a top announcement on your store which shows urgency and you can display your announcements like "free shipping",etc. on them. I highly recommend Superbar
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product. You can use the same app (Superbar) it provides you tools like a countdown timer, geolocation, etc. I’ll be adding links of a few apps that you could use for social proof as well below.
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited. I'm providing you some other app links that might be useful.
Links - Urgency Pack Ultimate
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.