My store is not converting. Really need some help here 🤕

2 0 0

I’m having quite a lot of visits and likes on fb. I just opened about 4/5 days ago. But no sale at all. Maybe someone can help me out understanding what’s the problem with my shop!?

sew-lovely-clothing-store.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Pathfinder
122 11 44

Hello @valentinamonde 

Congratulations on your new store!

Don't worry too much about your likes / views not converting to sales immediately. This is an organic process that takes some time, and with some simple steps, you will soon see your sales rising up. You can look at some great helpful tips on this blog, written exactly for your issue: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting? 

I had a look at your store, and the products are very nice. Here are some changes for you to consider:

Firstly, your name "Sew Lovely" is too light and watermarked, and it cannot be read. If people miss the name of your shop, they will not be able to recommend it to other people. Consider, someone who brought your dress is asked where they got such a lovely dress from. Because your store's name is not apparent, they will reply as "some store on Shopify" rather than "an awesome store called Sew Lovely". Here you are losing some valuable and genuine Word of Mouth marketing. 

Secondly, consider moving your about page to a different tab, instead of keeping it on your homepage. That way you have more space for the collections list, and you can organize it more neatly. 

Because this is an apparel store, people love to get views from multiple angles, to understand what the product actually looks like. you could add multiple pictures, some of a baby wearing the dress, to give your customers the correct feel. 

Finally, I tried to sign up, but it was a cumbersome process of having to type out my email and password. If, instead, you added a button like "Sign up with Gmail" it would be much easier, as only clicking a button is enough, and it would increase your sales. On that note, I feel that the refund policy is too low for my liking. Consider putting it beside all the other tabs on the top. 

Hope your question was answered. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else

Happy Selling!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @valentinamonde 

As @CutOutWiz has said...selling takes time. Don't be disheartened if you don't see results right away - well done for getting a store set up - it's a lot of work!

I'm a copywriter, so I'll give you some pointers there, if I may.

Firstly, I agree with previous comments: you need 'Sew Lovely' to be bolder - it's getting lost in that light shade at the top. 

When I land on your homepage, I see those gorgeous girls dresses, but I'm not immediately sure what it is you sell (for example, I have the impression you only do baby clothes, but when I scroll down, I see you also have accessories and stuff for moms). I'd try and get a value proposition right where users can see it when they land on your homepage. Think about what makes your products different and why they're unique and desired by your ideal client. 

On your product descriptions (for your 'Strong like mom' t-shirts) you then mention it's a unisex t-shirt. Is that making visitors feel like the t-shirts are simply 'normal' t-shirts that have been printed, rather than a cool/fun/special purchase? Words are super important on product descriptions. To generate sales, you need to get your product descriptions making it clear why your customers NEED to buy from you because they can't get what you offer in a brick and mortar store or from a competitor. I think that 'unisex' t-shirt probably isn't making them feel that and the product descriptions wouldn't be missing anything if you take it out. 

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your store and well done for getting it set up!

eCommerce copywriter & email strategist
www.mairiwhitworth.com
0 Likes

Hey @valentinamonde,

I checked out your Facebook page and saw that your pinned post has been getting a lot of engagement:

sew-fb.png

You want to make it super easy for a person to go from seeing it to buying it. I would definitely recommend using Shopify's sales channels, it connects with your Facebook so that you can tag items on your FB page and visitors can easily click and purchase on items that they like.

Next, your domain name (https://sew-lovely-clothing-store.myshopify.com/). I'd definitely purchase a custom domain name, it looks more professional.

Another thing I noticed was your navigation. I can't find my way around, if I'm on this page for example:

sew-nav.png

My only link options are Refund Policy and Shipping Policy. Those two links should go in your footer menu and instead put your collections lists links.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some last minute graphics for your store for Black Friday, we released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2019 113 369

Hello @valentinamonde, I hope you are doing good! Here are a few suggestions:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image ( call to action button )- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- There is a lot of whitespace in the header of the homepage.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.

- Add Reviews. It will help you in brand recognition and develop trust with other visitors.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes